did you cheat in school? how'd you do it?

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by Deranged, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

i cheated a ton in middle school in high school. some essays i'd plagurize off the internet. half the time a paper was do or i had a presentation to do, i'd have my mom call into school sick. sometimes i'd chew up a cracker and spit it out on the toilet seat so it looked like i puked in the toilet and missed a little. i'd sometimes do things with my voice to make my throat really scratchy so the teacher'd believe me. i remember one time i had a powerpoint presentation due and it was taking wayyy too long to finish it so i went on clarisworks (sorta like word) and made a couple graphs, then jarbled them so it looked like some sort of computer glitch. i got to like the 4th slide of the presentation fine, then acted surprised when the images were unrecognizeable. totally worked. i never got caught.

a buddy of mine wouldn't have passed high school if it wasn't for me finding him an essay on the internet.

i haven't tried shit like that in college though.

2. Chunky Charcoal

Chunky Charcoal Member

god damn, if only that were possible to do nowadays. for most major essays the students at my school (and most likely other schools around here) are forced to hand in a hard copy to the teachers, and also have a copy submitted to an online site that checks for plagiarism. not only from websites, but it compares your essay to the essays of every other student taking the course.

it's madness :eek:

3. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

I've done that about 10 times with different kinds of computer assignements due over the years.

Otherwise I have no reson to cheat, school is easy as hell.

4. wally m

wally m 14

I had the teachers edition in geometry

5. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

i have actually never cheated on anything.

now i feel like a pussy.

6. inky-moonshine

inky-moonshine Member

Plagiarism's a lot harder nowadays. But the upside is we can blame absolutely everything on computers. You can just say something didn't send, or the printers bust, or your files all got miraculously deleted by some unknown force of nature. Best one is if you just type a page full of symbols and pretend your files got corrupted.

7. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

I cant recall ever cheating, not because of getting caught, but because of fairness. If i could go back, id cheat, get top grades and be like every other asshole who isnt qualified/smart enough to do what he does.

8. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

forgot to mention: i wrote on my hand a few times. for math it was especially easy to cheat because you could slide an index card into your calculator with all the equations and shit like that on it.

9. inky-moonshine

inky-moonshine Member

Oh, hell yeah. Forgot all about writing on hands. Also hiding notes in clothes, pencil cases, etc. I always wore a locket necklace and hid crib notes in it. Teachers never suspected a thing...fools.

10. The_Moroccan_Raccoon

The_Moroccan_Raccoon Senior Member

I wrote math equations on the back of an eraser for when I did an exam in grade 10. Turned out I was so slow at the stuff I actually knew that I never even got to questions involving those equations. I still passed math though. I also never wrote the test for unit 13 of grade 11 math...at the end of the semester, the teacher assumed he'd lost my test and that was why he didn't have the mark written down. He liked me for some reason and just left it out of my final mark without making me do the test again or anything.
    And lots of times, I've not handed in assignments and blamed it on computer problems. I'll tell the teacher I emailed them the assignment and for some reason, it didn't send properly. Or I'll send an email saying "here's my assignment" but without an attachment. That gives me enough time to actually finish what I need to do.
    I feel guilty when I do that though...but at least I don't ever plagiarize stuff.

11. polecat

polecat Weerd

I cheated a decent amount.

I would almost always copy the equations for math problems into my Ti and then access them during the test/quiz. I'd write stuff onto my arms(hands is dumb) and pull up my sleeve if I needed to see it. And I'd leave cheat sheets in my backpack then leave the flap open in a way that I could see it.

I never got caught.

12. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

Cool someone else from Hamilton. What school was this?

13. The_Moroccan_Raccoon

The_Moroccan_Raccoon Senior Member

Westmount. You're at Delta or something, aren't you?

14. munga

munga Member

four words, calculator programming.

15. inky-moonshine

inky-moonshine Member

Also just remembered that my friend, in Spanish exams, because she had the worst handwriting ever just used to scribble in place of words she didn't know to make it look like she'd written something.

16. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis Member

Our English teacher in High School thought she was brilliant in making us write our essays in class. We had thirty minutes to finish and if we didn't, we'd have to hand it back in and we MIGHT get a chance the next day to finish. Yeah she might have forced us not to plagiarize, but novels were soo different. I never read a novel in my high school life. I always used GradeSaver.com All the questions the teacher asked were on that website and I just read a couple summaries, Q&A's and I got over 100% (including bonus questions) on my tests.

She probably knew that I knew where she got her questions from...

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

No not really, but I did eat cheetos alot and finger the pages of books in the library..

18. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

I was for a little bit. Back at Sir Winston Churchill now though thank god.

19. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

yup. i forgot to mention i did that too. was so easy in math. latin was the only class where i couldn't really cheat.

20. RandomOne

RandomOne Member

saving equations on calculators and writing on my hand.. yep :)

never plagiarized an essay or anything like that though