Did the Bhagvad-Gita inspire the Jewish Holocaust ? ?

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by half a hippie, Mar 26, 2006.

1. half a hippie

half a hippie Member

[​IMG]

Hitler salutes while himmler(first man below hitler's raised arm watches )

This man [size=-1]Heinrich [/size][size=-1]Himmler carried around with him copies of the Bhagavad Gita and believed Hitler to be a divinity in the nature of Krishna

When Himmler ,who was in charge of the SS (Second only to Adolf Hitler in the Third REich) was given the job of liquidating the jews he was faced with the [/size]problem of how to get people to do the necessary dirty job without turning them into monsters?
    [size=-1]
    He found the answers in the bhagvad gita [/size], a special leather-bound edition of which he always kept in his pocket.

There, Krishna tells Arjuna that he should carry out his acts with an inner distance and never get fully involved in them.
    [size=-1]
    This inspired him and gave him the courage and the strength to act and he in turn asked his men to follow Lord Krishna's advice and thus was born the Jewish holocaust.

This is not the final word on this matter
    I do hope historians in the future will analyse thoroughly the role that the Bhagvad Gita played in the jewish holocaust.....
    They haven't done it so far...
    [/size]

2. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

Come on now, Half-A-Hippie...this is getting rediculous. ::le sigh:: Instead of posting all these negative things about Hinduism...why not post positive ones? We want to build bridges...and break barriers not create them!

3. Phrensied Rabbits

Phrensied Rabbits Member

Well, the current American administration didn't seem to need the Bhagavad-Gita's help to do the same thing...
    I do respect your point, though~
    and I don't really view it as negative.
    Whatever moves a person to action simply IS.
    It's intention that we can really blame if we feel we need to...

The way I see it,
    everybody acts on the best information
    they have at the time.

Grouve on, then
    ~Kharmi

4. half a hippie

half a hippie Member

Shoving what we don't like under the mattress is not going to achieve anything

I am here to educate and debate and many people do not know that himmler slept with a copy of the bhagvad gita next to his pillow......
    so I am educating them and if anyone wants to debate and doesn't agree
    with me then they are free to debate the points of contention.....

Chanting hare rama hare krishna is not going to help make this world a better place to live in
    but a criticism of hinduism is what we need...

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.”-- Winston Churchill

Present day hinduism is in an unhealthy state of existence

5. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

About chanting hare krishna and Rama, have you ever tried it in the first place?
    Criticism is only necessary when it is required, we are not trying to kill jews or burn people , what we want to do is find God , make our lives more peaceful and live happily or a better life of peace and harmony.
    You want to change the world?- First change yours.

6. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

I agree...furthermore...yes...bad things happen...but hey...we are a new generation...why should we dwell in the bad things that happen in Hinduism...but rather try and live each day doing what we can to try and make the world a bit better (both for Hindus and for everyone). Last night I took place in a multicultural fair for South Asian students and the respective religions...and such great leaps and bounds were made in making great relations between the Hindu Students Council and the Islamic Society...we were in a room together we shared our different aspects of our table....the food, culture--the IS girls totally decked themselves in our puja table flowers when we gave 'em out...hehehe...-- it was such a building experience.... and I think that if we are all trying to improve ourselves spiritually and then sharing of ourselves with others....that is so much more important that debating whether or not a crazy nazi guy used the Gita or not.... THIS is in our hands...we can make others aware of the great wealth of Hindu spirituality and learn from them of their spirituality as well...breaking down dogmatism and looking instead for a united future ...were everyone lives in harmony (its so idealistic I know....but hey...every lit bit is a baby step towards a better future....we're not going to change everyone's mind...but if I could help one person to understand that all people are united one people...then I have succeeded).

So, I don't know HH...I just really think that we need to start focusing on the more positive things...I mean...we can't ignore that bad things happen...but we can't dwell on them...just kind of see them for what they were...hope we learned something...and move on. Let's talk instead of what we can do to cultivate peace, love, and happiness within ourselves and share it with the world. :)

7. Longlongago

Longlongago Banned

The Nazis told the jews the nice way to leave Germany "RIGHT OR WRONG" BUT NO ONE WANTED THE JEWS NOT EVEN THE U.S .

8. Phrensied Rabbits

Phrensied Rabbits Member

Now that's going too far...[​IMG]

9. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

Half a hippie, first of all before trying to save Hinduism from the Nazis, I suggest you understand what Hinduism. You're so busy on your own self-righteous ego trip right now. You have no understanding of the basic tenets of the religion, and if you do you don't show any sign of practicing it.

And yes, we must face truths and reality, both good and bad ones. Balance is essential, let us not dwell only on that which is evil in this world, because that has a insidious way of creeping into our own minds also. The worldi s indeed a terrible land of darkness for someone who has never seen the sun.

10. spook13

spook13 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Half a Hippie

Hitler apparently didn't read Chapter 16 of the Gita..."The Divine and Demoniac Natures"...if he did, he couldn't see his own reflection.

Anyone can pluck a line or concept out of any scripture and use it to justify any behavior, right or wrong. Thats what Hitler did...picked and chose scriptural passages and cultural symbols that he could graft onto his own evil creation, without guidance...not that I can imagine him listening to a guru!

Regarding chanting Hare Krishna or other yogic practices...it's all about transformation and purification on a personal level, with the knowledge that this is the best way to influence those around oneself...you have to have soap and clean water to wash dirty cars. Revolutions may change societies, often for the better, but the inherent false ego of mankind remains, and new oppressors always arise.

11. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna!

Dear half-a-hippie,

Brother, please grow up.

Please do not say or do things today for which you will be ashamed and embarrassed tomorrow.
    Please stop all your very ignorant and immature wrangles. There are ways of saying things and raising questions. Hatred cannot take you anywhere.

With love and best wishes,

Kumar.

12. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

There are many 'occult' notions surrounding Hitler and the Nazis. But it's ridiculous to say the Gita or any other aspect of Hindu philosophy was a major influence.
    Himmler had his own inner circle SS cult. Otherwise thay posed as Christians. Hitler himself was raised a catholic, but was convinced he was under the influence of the 'old gods' according to some, and a member of something called the Thule society according to others.
    However, it's all very speculative.

13. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Lol. I can't take that mantra seriously because of the way God made me. I have this big hairy friend named Rama. So whenever I see the words hare hare rama rama.... I smile.

because it reminds me of Rama, who is funny.

Ohh, and his middle name is love, which is even funnier. Rama Love... lol...

14. GanjaPrince

GanjaPrince Banned

All the gita said, is you can BE! Here Now, it knocked some sense into people that is here now, it's everything... and it will be your friend, let it drive your chariot deeper into the now, as you fight your INNER BATTLE against your INNER DEMONS... because the gita is about BEING and working it our your BEING! That resolved the war. BEING... and yes you can BE, and be caught in the horrible beauty of war... isn't that a cosmic joke?

Wake up, ALL IS HOLY!

[​IMG]
    Krishna, is a friend, who comes to you, in the middle of your whole drama, right when you are fed of with your karma, and your part... because he wants to remind you...

THAT YOU ARE YOU! And you can BE IT's FRIEND, play your part in it's scheme...

BEING GETS PEACE! IT IS HERE NOW

Shit, everybody reminds its here now, now, because it's krisha! it's your friend and it wants you to be!

DHARMA WINS! It happened, catch the wave!

15. cabdirazzaq

cabdirazzaq Member

I´m not hindu but your post cant be taken seriously, you gotta be joking ...

16. ASK ME I KNOW

ASK ME I KNOW Guest

Half a Hippie

You are right on. Himmler and his occult studies including his discovery of the Bhagavad Gita many years before this born Catholic man, inspired him to get Hitler involved with the occult and, ultimately, Astrology. The rest of the answers are not very informed. Himmler was a much more powerful force on the outcome of the WWII and if his background were meticulously examined, Hitler would come out looking like a tool of his.

17. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

Hitler took methadone and methamphetamine! What a fucking combo. Of course that's once he was premier. But - fuck him - regardless.

18. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Plus
    Equals, huh?

19. thedope

Even if his mustache turns me off?

20. thedope

Half a hippie, what role has hinduism played in your life to get you riled up?