did obama deserve the Nobel peace prize?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by BlackTar_46, Oct 10, 2009.

1. BlackTar_46

BlackTar_46 Member

I like obama, I really do, but I don't think he really did anything to deserve it..

sherman march likes this.
  2. IANABIAP

IANABIAP Member

I'm not sure he should have received it, too, no offense to any Obama fans lol.

IANABIAP (I am not a believer in any prophet.)

3. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Same here, I(non-American here but whatever, right? lol) support him and all, but I personally think this particular decision was too soon. It is my opinion that there needs to be a solid result before anyone can be nominated for a prize especially of this nature.

4. honeyfugle

honeyfugle pumpkin

Absolutely not. There are so many others more deserving than him. The inventor of the MRI scan has never got the Nobel prize for example!

5. Nobel Peace prize is normally given to some one or some organisation whose lifes work has been and still is the search for peaceful solutions to some conflict or to peace in general. Obama has not proved himself yet and it remains to be seen whether he will in the future. I have hopes that he will strive for a more peaceful world but the Nobel prize, give me a break!

6. 68Impala

68Impala Member

not unless the Nobel Committee now has a "Talk is Cheap" catagory. His eloquent, well groomed phraseology has so far solved exactly Jack

7. BlackTar_46

BlackTar_46 Member

how is that deserving of a peace prize?

8. aphrodite_pretty

aphrodite_pretty Member

No, it was premature. I believe that he could definitely achieve it SOMEDAY, but it was definitely too early.

9. jamaican_youth

jamaican_youth Senior Member

Yes and no, when I first heard the news, first thing i said was 'what for?', but after really thinking about it, it's obviously not about what he's done, but what he represents. Wanting to rid the world of nuclear weapons, discussions with their enemies without pre-conditions etc.

At the least, I see it as an incentive to keep him on the right track and aspiring to fulfill those promises.

10. Psychedelic Rocker

Psychedelic Rocker Member

Sure, after the 'beer summit' at the White House!!!

Now, winning the Nobel Peace Prize is as useless as winning an MTV music award.

11. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

I agree with has been said-he's okay and all- I like him but I don't think he earned it. I am quite ticked he was rude to the Dalai Lama and well, why give a peace prize to a guy that wants to escalate a war?
    peace,
    Delfynasa

12. silverhippy

silverhippy Comfortably Numb

No, he's an idiot..

Peace

Ben Dover6969 likes this.
  13. sknkmnky

sknkmnky Member

It's too early to tell. I don't think he should have received it so soon.

14. Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble Member

I think the Peace Prize committee cheapened the prize by giving it to him. they just jumped on a populist bandwagon and turned the Nobel Peace Prize into the X Factor. I have lost all respect for them after this. When you think about all the unsung heroes who are doing good work on the ground in places like Darfur....need I say more?

sherman march likes this.
  15. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

as much or more then many who have received it.
    i do agree that its gravitas, even credibility, has been greatly diminished, ever since it started being semi-automatically awarded to nearly every head of state.
    this began long before obama however. and seemingly without regard to ideology either. that part being as it should.

17. Eagles

Eagles Visitor

No, he did nothing!

Michael1985 likes this.