Dia duit

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Chewy, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Chewy

Chewy Member

My friends call me Chewy, short for Chewbacca, a nickname that I picked up back in '99 while hacking Perl for a dot-bomb in Austin, Texas. I guess that my co-workers felt a bit intimidated by me, I'm 6'3", 245 pounds and at the time rather hairy.

Grew up in Madison, Wisconsin in the 60's/70's :)
    Made some really poor choices while growing up, like spending 15 years in the Marines.

Left the Marines as a CO, and an ardent Anarchist.
    Pretty sure that they were glad to see me go.
    That was in 1991, right before Desert Storm.

Spent a few years drying out and trying to get my head straight. Moved my kids to Austin with me in 1999, with the thought of making a lot of money in the dot com industry, so I could go back to Wisconsin and buy a farm. Well, I didn't make it back to Wisconsin, but I do have a farm.

My wife, Cait, and I raise Dexter Cattle, Barbado sheep and Spanish goats for meat, dairy and fiber, we also raise poultry for eggs and meat.

Like all small farmers, I have an off-farm job. I work as a systems programmer for a data company in Austin.

Chewy

2. satch

satch Member

Hiya - welcome to the forums!

3. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

:) welcome to the forums Chewy! :) have fun posting! :)