Devil Ether

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by mr_belvedere, May 18, 2004.

1. mr_belvedere

mr_belvedere Member

Is it true that if you spray starting fluid into a bag and add water and let it sit you can filter off the other shit and obtain ether? if that is true can sombody tell me the down and dirties of it, and if not where can i obtain some of this shit, cause i know that it is legal.

2. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

your really gonna fuck yourself up with ether man. my friend procured some ether while he was experimenting with psychedelic drug synthesis. well, he didnt take as good care of it as he should have and the shit leaked. he didnt notice, and continued working all methed up locked in his room for like 3 days. i saw him like a week after it all happened. he had invaded a friends house and would not leave. he had lost total connection with reality, claiming to be a king of some distant hyperverse. he was so dead serious about it, everyone was scared for him. his mother (who is cool with him trippin normally) had to sneak the paramedics up to the room and convince him to go with them. his stomach was pumped and he spent a week in the hospital. no one knows what all he had in him, weither or not he ingested the chemical he was trying to make. well after the hospital he went to a mental hospital for a psychotic episode. he had notebooks full of math formulas, which he claimed was his journal, it was a coded language he had invented in his episode. he doesnt like to talk about it anymore.

but yes its true, engine starter can produce ether, not very good stuff, but its ether. i will not tell you how, it IS THE DEVIL! but you could find out for yourself by browsing through www.erowid.org

3. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Ethers not illegal, you can buy it for small, model airplane engines.
    I think its called Ethanol/ Go to a local hobby shop, they should have some

4. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Also, That 2nd post sounds kinda sketchy...
    But who knows

5. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

ok, ethanol (ethyl alcohol) is the same chemical that is in booze...
    diethyl ether is produced by distilling pure ethanol in the presence of a strong acid (such as sulfuric acid), resulting in 2 ethanol molecules linked by losing a water molecule & forming an "ether bridge" (thus "di ethyl ether ") (think of it as 400-proof booze...)
    (there are many other possible ethers, but "diethyl ether" is the one commonly referred to as "ether")
    there is also a solvent callet "petroleum ether" (or pet ether) which is low b.p. fractions of petroleum --- mostly hexane... similar to naphtha & gasoline & ligroine...
    the stuff in "engine starting fluid" in typically a mix of diethyl ether & hexane; & spraying it onto a glass rod & catching the liquid & huffing it is a bad idea --- i think that the ether typically evaporates more rapidly that the hexane, & other methods of "seperating" the liquids in the starting fluid mixture are generally not gonna work either (well, fractional distillation might work, but if you had a decent fractionating column you would prolly be able to obtain ether anyway)...
    sealed little tins of diethyl ether are used in chem (& bio) labs; & stored pure ether has the tendency to form explosive (& not just "exteremly flammable") peroxides...

sooooo, if you don't have the pure stuff, don't huff...

6. crackforkids

that story is 100% legite. i know him personally, im not saying the ether did it, but is sure helped.

gnrm23, i saw you on bluelight the other day. good advice, not pure stuff, dont huff.

7. mr_belvedere

mr_belvedere Member

crackforkids i would say that the pyschodelic drugs probably had more to do with his freakin out than ether, ether is like duster, fucks you up for a very short period of time, and was used for years as anesthetic, in fact when my mom was a child they used it on her and she was out for long time, i think for her tonsels or soemthin but she is normal as it gets. and if your friend couldn't tell that there was ether leaking in the room, he is retarded and deserves to be insane. ether reaks and isn't really mistakable for fresh air.

8. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

hell, britain outlawed gin a long time ago & folks were stirring a few drops of ether into a glass of water... and some eventually added less & less water (ether & water aren't too miscible) & some brave (loony?) folks ended up doing shots (or wineglasses) of straight-up ether --- whoa, i'd rather do gin, heh (and i don't like gin ;) ...
    400 proof, whoa...

9. crackforkids

400 PROOF?!?! crazy... i could never do it.

i dont know much about ether, because i have no ways to procure it in high purity. yes, my friend was on some crazy shit, and thats prolly what did it. the hospital only said a "crude psychedelic and methamphetamine" were in his blood. i never knew ether had a strong odor. well you learn somethin everyday! thanks for clearing that up for me tho.

10. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

I have heard about people drinking ether during prohibition, as a substitute for alcohol. Must be an interesting experience, seeing as the boiling point of ethyl ether (34.5 C) is slightly lower than normal human body temperature(37 C).

Better not be smoking a cigarette when those boiling ether burps start to kick in! :)

11. crackforkids

thompson wrote the perfect way to smoke ciggs and huff ether. he does it at the same time! i dont know how he does it, but he has his own "technique"

12. NightOwl1331

NightOwl1331 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Do not huff starting fluid! It's bad for you!

13. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

Someone explained to me how he tried ether and ended up being caught in his dorm room because of the smell. It sounds like drunkedness but "better" (as in more pleasurable).

I thought it was only sniffed.

14. mr_belvedere

mr_belvedere Member

sweet mother of god, i am NOT huffing starting fluid. i asked if ether can be extracted from it because starting fluid contains diethyl-ether(EHTER), hexane, and CO2. please read and comprehend before answering. i don't just huff chemicals out of a can. i am wondering if you can extract diethyl-ether from starting fliud, so i can therfore use the ether to get fuct up,and not fuck my brain up with hexane and CO2.

15. EllisDTripp

And has been explained previously, the only reliable means of separating the Et2O from starter fluid is fractional distillation.

If you have access to the required glassware and knowledge to do this, chances are that you work in a lab, and can just order reagent grade ether, and don't need to bother with starting fluid in the first place....:)

16. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

ehter is alright....go for a little binge around 20 minutes.....take short breaks inbetween to get oxygen to the brain though. just remember go for a few minuts huffing then rest for a bit.....gets you into a real drunken ehter stupor....and its all right....not too hard to drive either.

17. EllisDTripp

People like this are the reason drugs are illegal...:(

18. crackforkids

ok, if ether is like duster, like someone said, i would NOT drive on it. Before hipforums got a "facelift" i had a thread where i fell down while huffing duster. i woke up in the street all beat up and shit, knuckles bloody and shit...i didnt get in a fight, i jus passed the fuck out and hit the ground HARD. you drive like that?

19. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

If we're talking about alcohol proof, I always thought 200 proof was pure grain alcohol.

If something is 100 proof, its 50 percent alcohol by volume. 400 proof would be 200 percent alcohol, which is impossible.

Peace

20. mr_belvedere

mr_belvedere Member

no, not impossible, thats the point. you huff and you are 200% drunk in a matter of speaking.lol