Detox

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by *MAMA*, Jul 28, 2013.

1. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

What's your favorite way to get back on track after a rough weekend? I'm usually a major food Nazi, but my consumption this weekend consisted of two s'mores and copious amounts of beer, wine, and sweet sticky OG kush.

Nothing but water, organic fruits and veggies, and protein shakes for the next few days!

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

When I want to detox, I will usually just do a 24-36 hour fast while drinking a lot of water.

3. wobs

wobs Senior Member

hair of the dog i.e. more beer

4. *MAMA*

Do you skip working out when you do that?

5. *MAMA*

Blech.

6. Pressed_Rat

Yeah, when I do an extended fast, I do it on my non-workout days. It would be pretty tough otherwise.

I usually work out just before coming off my 16-18 hour fasts, though.

7. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

At first I thought the 1st paragraph was your detox method. I was thinking..."damn she's hardcore!".

then I read the whole thing again.

8. *MAMA*

That's what I was thinking.

Lmao

9. Pressed_Rat

Yeah, a 36 hour fast can be tough in and of itself, but you get used to it after a while. I normally fast 18 hours a day anyway.

10. *MAMA*

Both of those sound brutal. I don't eat meals anymore, but I eat something every two hours. Dat metabolism.

11. Pressed_Rat

A lot of people tout the six small meals a day to boost metabolism approach, but there has actually not been one study done to prove eating six small meals boosts metabolism. Me, personally, I eat only one big meal a day, and I get all my calories in within a six (sometimes eight) hour window. That leaves your body with more time to actually burn fat.

To actually burn off fat stores, you need to first deplete your glycogen, which occurs eight hours after your last meal. So when you exercise in a fasted state, you are directly burning fat.

Also, when you do IF, your body produces an increased amount of HGH (human growth hormone), which builds muscle. That is why I recommend IF for anyone looking to burn fat while simultaneously building muscle.

12. *MAMA*

I notice a big difference energy wise. How many calories do you eat day? I don't keep exact track, but I usually hover between 1500 and 1800 depending on whether or not I'm training for a race.

13. Pressed_Rat

I don't pay much attention to calories like I used to, but roughly 2,000-2,500 on the average day. On cheat days when I drink, it could be easily twice that.

14. *MAMA*

Dang!!

15. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

detox? that's silliness. i just go back to my normal way of eating during the work week.

16. Pressed_Rat

That is usually what I do, too, but when I want to detox, extended fasting is the way to go (maybe once or twice every month or two).

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

*MAMA*

My answer/suggestions would have to do with... (maybe I'm kinda confused.. I'm not sure. lol).. but what is your main purpose for said detox?- Just to... make yourself feel better as speedily as possible after partying/not taking care of your body for the weekend... or are you looking for more than that- such as removing all the (okay, as much as possible) of the consumed toxins from your body and also to replenish your body of vitamins and minerals that have been lacking during that time period?
    I can tell you A LOT on the last one..and (assuming that's even what you meant?), I will- when I come back to this thread in a little bit... I think I just spent like a half hour on your profile giving some semblance of potty training advice.. lolz

18. *MAMA*

Just to get rid of toxins, and get to feeling normal again. I always feel so out of whack for the entire week after a party unless I do a detox of some sort for a couple days

19. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

I dropped from 265 down to 214.? with one meal a day. I wont eat a lot of fruits and NO vegetables, I can stand them. I hydrate with water and Gatorade and vitamins along with my workouts.

I ride mx and wanted to get back to the top 10, So I had to shed the fat. Didn't want to buy another 15k motor so I lost weight to compensate thus more power lol.

Not the best diet, But I also needed to make weight for a fight and not eating is the only way until you 'weigh in'. If you can get some Lasix water pills, You will drop a lot of water weight first and refill with clean pure water.

But if all you want is a detox, Just drink a gallon and piss a gallon and keep doing so for three days, Add some exercise in to sweat some out.

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

no need to detox since i can control myself from toxifying in the first place