Descriminated against by public transportation...

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Ocean Byrd, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

The other day, I was basically kicked out of my house and I was just hanging out with my friends... We didn't have our own transportation, so, we took the bus. I, being the carefree barefooter I am, didn't bother to bring shoes of any sort with me. So... I had to make sure the driver didn't look down and toss me off. I did a good job until the third bus... whereupon I entered the bus first. Bad idea.

I'd helped my friend put her bike on the front, and she pleaded that I be allowed on. But, the driver wouldn't have it; he made it quite clear that he would if he didn't have to uphold the law. But, wait a minute... there isn't a law against being barefoot on public transportation. At least, none that I've read. Maybe as a rule or policy, but, not a law... That just pissed me off; but, I was nice, and kindly got back off to board the next bus that came my way.

Descrimination, of any kind, is ridiculous; this is no exception... People don't eat with their feet, last I checked; there's no real immediate threat, especially in a town as well kept as the one I live in. I mean, you can use the same arguements as you do for gay marriage for crying out loud... I know it's no big deal, and that I should conform on those rare occasions... but; I didn't have any shoes. And, I was denied permission to use the public transportation because of that; that is pure descrimination. Health issues set aside...

2. capman2k

capman2k Guest

I wouldn't have expected something like that in Ft. Collins... I go there every so often when I'm in the area, and never had a problem in any stores or anything. Of course, I have my own car so I don't have to rely on the bus :)

I've never gone to the mall barefoot, though... That's one place I want to try :confused:

3. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

I would contact the bus company there and make them aware of the situation and what happened to you and that the bus driver claimed there was a law against you going barefoot on the bus when there is not and that you feel like you were discrminated against. Even if there was a rule for the bus for going barefoot then the bus driver needed to mention this and not claim instead that there was some law when obviously there wasnt.

4. Ocean Byrd

Good suggestion Mike; but, I'll follow through with that only if I experience another incident.

And, capman, I usually don't have problems either... even at Wal-Mart. I have a car to use, but I was unable to use it yesterday. At least I can walk into Mellow Yellow barefoot. :H

5. inzgary

inzgary Members

There is no law I know of against that so that was pure discrimination. If they do it again you should definitly call the bus company.

6. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Just try not to take that particular bus when that guy might be driving it and then hopefully youll be alright, also make sure if you got other people with you that youre not the first one to get on, if you get on behind people then the bus driver will be less likely to see your feet.

7. Ocean Byrd

I know Mike; I know many different ways to keep attention off my feet. :) I made sure to chat with the bus driver as I was getting on the next time... kept his eyes on my face. :D

8. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

I know you do, I just wanted to be helpful so you could be comfortable and enjoy having your feet bare when you go places :)

9. Ocean Byrd

Haha, thanks, Mike. :D

10. Siknik

Siknik Member

I hate it when fellow bus drivers discriminate against barefooters or anyone. I for one would love to DRIVE the bus barefoot but i work for a public transit authority and they have strict uniform policy. We dont have a rule about being barefoot riding the bus, and doubt they actually have one also. In Ocean City, MD plenty of people ride barefoot all the time, I should know i drove there last summer.

11. Ocean Byrd

Huh; maybe I should check the local policies...

12. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

13. Ocean Byrd

That's an interesting picture...