Derek (lucifer_sam)

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by novarys, Jan 19, 2005.

1. novarys

novarys Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I must say that your passion for your beliefs and knowledge of Current Events in the world is quite the inspiration. You've definately opened my eyes to a couple things here and there. I've not met a man of your age, who is so outspoken and so direct and so well informed and knowledgeable of whats going on in the world and still have passion for it all. Just thought I'd bestow a few words of encouragement on you. Good Job :)

2. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

[​IMG] Thank you, Syra. I appreciate that. Sometimes I feel like people around here, the people who are supposed to be so outspoken, don't even care.

Ahem, so... how are you? Tell me.

3. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Yes, I agree. You rock, man. :)

:D

4. Lucifer Sam

Ahaha, well, you too seem to know your stuff...

5. novarys

no thanks needed. i speak of the truth.

but um, i've been doing dandy. been playing my bongos and trying to make songs out of a couple poems i wrote awhile back, and still looking for a job, which the sooner that happens, the better......
    talk on the phone to ruby every night which makes me quite happy. been making plans to go to mexico on vacation this summer and possibly for an earlier visit to Missouri in March.
    just the same shit, different day :)

6. soulrebel51

Yes, but since November 2nd, I haven't really gave a shit about politics or anything, I've been trying to avoid them..

But it seems as though I'm getting back into all this crap, it's only our lives on the line...

7. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Politically, I tend to disagree with you a lot.

I don't have the energy to debate politics too much, I pick and choose when I do.

I'm glad to see you're so interested in politics though... sometimes I wish I weren't so apathetic... then I think "eh." [​IMG]

But you're still an awesome guy. [​IMG]

8. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

I hate to talk about politics, alot. Mainly since my family talked so much about politics when i was young that i just couldnt stand listening to what i couldnt understand all the time...and even now when i have a little better understanding about politics, american government, and whats going on in the world, i dont still hate talking about it...

dont get me wrong lucifer, your threads on here are awesome to thoughs who need to be informed. I just think my family has turned me away from politics for life...even now when we have this whole deal with iraq, and what you say about this upcoming ordeal with iran.

9. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

yeah lucifer_sam, i've only been here for a few days, but you're awesome dude. I debate politics with my friend all the time..hes a fierce republican but he says hes a moderate.. hes always citing statistics and stuff but i can never keep up with him, thanks to you i have some defense. grr..

10. Lucifer Sam

Ruby? Ruby!?! Who's Ruby? You mean BraveSirRubin? Pavel?

Ahh, summer vacations in Mexico... good stuff. I've been there seven times. Wonderful.

Ahaha, this is very true. However, I'm a pretty pessimistic guy about all of this, so I don't really see a solution. I don't see justice being done here. Sure, people still need to know about 9/11, but it really doesn't matter in the end. The feds will get away with it.

For now, I'm trying to look out for myself by continuing to read and plan for the future.

Yeah, I know you disagree with me a lot, and it's cool. Some people will just never wake up, eh? [​IMG]

Ahh, and for the record, you are an awesome guy as well. [​IMG][​IMG]

Well, I understand where you're coming from. For me at least, politics can be kind of depressing. Everyone has different views, but in the end they're almost all in some way negative. Oh well, I guess that's just the way it is.

Thanks for the kind words, Logan. [​IMG]

Ahaha, yeah, give that kid all you got.

11. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

i will, you wouldnt happen to be able to prove that the "middle finger" gesture didnt come from a battle between the french and the english could you? i told him about the site http://www.snopes.com/language/apocryph/pluckyew.htm and he thinks that their just some bogus website... this is off topic a bit.sorry

12. Lucifer Sam

Hmm, sorry, but I know nothing about that. However, I can tell you that that website does look trustworthy. They cited their sources, so if all else fails, research those and prove it to him.

13. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

good idea..hes a senior and i'm a lowly(sp?) freshman...in one ear out the other...my cousin also thinks that "FUCK" means for unlawful carnal knowledge (rape) and i found that on snopes.com and they said thats not it...he said his source was "a lawyer" snopes has like a million sources...also the french finger senior said his source was a "textbook" but i've never seen sed text book. thanks man, peace.

14. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

FUCK is to Fornicate Under Consent of the King

15. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm burnt out on politics, but that doesn't mean I gave up my former beliefs.

Be sure to wear blue tomorrow on inaugaration day...

16. novarys

haha no its not BraveSirRubin or Pavel (i dont even have these guys on my buddy list), haha how did you come up with those two specifically?
    Ruby would be Chuck :)

yah I went to Mexico this past summer, and it was so amazing. I loved it, I loved waking up every morning and having the tide break in and the sun rising and setting on the horizon. it was just too beautiful. I cant wait to go back.

17. soulrebel51

Yes, I agree with all that... justice will never be done for the atrocities our govt's done against its own people, and so many people of the world... Our govt will continue to get more and more power over its people, and start jailing anyone and everyone that questions their actions... What's the point of living here, we won't be able to do anything and we'll be under constant survailance, all the while killing off all relations we have with other countries? It's a shameful time to be an American...

18. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You can't help who you are, but you can make a difference as an individual, in image. Fuck everyone else who thinks otherwise. I majorly mean Bush & Co. Inc...

Chances of Iran invasion are slim, at the moment. They've got too much shit on their hands. But either way, everytime I see a shooting star, I wish their genitals spontaneously combust in their sleep.

And we'll be watching you, no matter what you do, and you can do your part, by watching others too...

19. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Well, I'm not a democrat... but I do like blue...

So sure. [​IMG]

20. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member