Democrats win the house: cons take to the streets

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Nov 11, 2018.

1. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

You make this too easy. I'm not sure if your blatant lack of research was just bait or if you're just sloppy.

"After the event, about fifty attendees left the under police protection. This included about 30 Proud Boys and at least two members of the nationalist, anti-communist skinhead gang 211/B49. They assembled a block away and waited for protesters to leave. They ambushed the first three they saw, taking turns kicking and slamming them into the sidewalk." **

“In a video, the trooper then appears to speak to the men in red hats displaying, ‘Make America Great Again,’ saying: ‘I know some of you came here to fight. I can tell by what you’re wearing. That’s not happening today. If you want to fight, stick around, I’ve got a couple guys, they also want to fight.’ The group of men cheered. One man can be heard on a Facebook live stream saying ‘Let’s stay tight Proud Boys!'” **

"At these far-right rallies, the members of the Proud Boys are given free reign to attack anti-fascist activists and other community members, creating space for more overtly fascist groups to organize, acting as de facto body guards for groups like Identity Europa, Cascade Legion, Daily Stormer Book Clubs, Patriot Front, and other white nationalist and fascist groups and individuals.

After Patriot Prayer founder Joey Gibson’s own gang of enforcers, Warriors for Freedom LLC(aka American Freedom Keepers, aka American Freedom Warriors) dissipated following allegations that Gibson stole money and resources from other members, many of those former street fighters became Proud Boys, and that group picked up the task of beating up activists on behalf of Gibson. The Proud Boys are currently one of the largest and most active groups among the various nationalist and racist groups taking part in Joey Gibson’s far-right rallies."

"Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer members are also keen on attacking random people outside of the context of street demonstrations, as they have recently attacked a person on the street in Portland, and another at the Vancouver Mall, in both instance, after hurling pro-Trump slogans and abuse, before beating them." **

[​IMG]
    Members of the Fraternal Order of Alt-Knight (FOAK) the military wing of the Proud Boys, guards Proud Boys and FOAK leader Augustus Invictus at Unite the Right. Invictus was scheduled to speak. FOAK members wear the “V” patch logo with the American flag.

[​IMG]
    New York Proud Boy leader Sal Cipolla takes a photo with former KKK and neo-Nazi leader David Duke at Unite the Right.

They work side-by-side with Nazis, KKK and other armed militias and reactionary forces.

"[T]he attack happened in a busy shopping area in Portland at around 2.30pm on Friday 8 June. Toese and two other men had been yelling at strangers from a truck, he said. “They were yelling: ‘Support Trump, build the wall,’” Ledwith said.

[The man attacked] responded with a profanity, and the men stopped their vehicle. He said Toese and another man, Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer supporter Donovan Flippo, got out.

“They were calling me a faggot and slinging epithets at me,” he said. “Tiny walked over calmly and … punched me in the face. I’m like, half his size. I was not a threat to them. I’m 34 years old, not 17. This is not a thing that happens to me day-to-day.”

With this attack, the Proud Boys and members of Patriot Prayer, at this point essentially the same organization, moved from being simply a protest movement that was willing to use violence, to a group of people that actively are seeking to engage in random violence against members of the public that it deems to be a political opponent of President Trump. **

[​IMG]
    Proud Boy and American Guard member Tyr Richter (far left) poses with other white supremacists in front of Confederate and Nazi flags.

"the goal of Patriot Prayer is to build a big tent coalition with those on the far-Right, including white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and the Alt-Right, in order to build a street fighting force to attack social movements.

One of the most notorious members of Patriot Prayer who is also a member of the Proud Boys in the Washington State area, is “Tiny” Toese. In the past several months, Tiny has made headlines for attacking people randomly in public.

The Proud Boys — identified…as Tusitala “Tiny” Toese, Russell Schultz and Donovon Flippo — seem to have leaped from the truck and chased Mosley down. “We are not your average victimized Trump supporters we fight back and we know how to throw our hand,” Toese wrote on social media after the incident. “You get smacked and now your [sic] the victim you asked for it,” added Flippo. **

Honestly I could find hundreds of examples, but I'm sure you get the point.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's difficult to understand how people can base their whole existence on hating fellow humans. Same issue , I suppose in not understanding serial killers. One cannot go there, because the hate is not within. What a shallow, useless way to go through life. They are exactly what this country does NOT need. If we confronted this problem as the nation of Saudi Arabia confronts it's problems---I could see some helicopter rides out to the 12 mile limit and many swimming racists. For a time. Might make a good short story. Good thing we're not like that.

3. Did David Duke get that lazy eye fixed?

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

From your source article:

"Tensions erupted most recently this month when members of the so-called “antifa” movement showed up at a march organized by a right-wing group called Patriot Prayer."
    "Individual antifa members remain anonymous, but the group’s public Facebook page issued a call for members to show up June 3 to confront the “rising tide of fascism and the forces of structural and insurgent white supremacy” in Portland."

Seems Antifa started this fight. As they usually do. Their philosophy is to stop the enemy 'by any means necessary.'

I lived in The City of Roses for 5 years. Western chauvinist "Alt-light" views are not a big thing over there. Rightists make up a minority of the city's population. When I lived in the heart of Portland, they had one of the biggest Occupy Movement gatherings in the country. And before that, Barack Obama gathered his largest crowd ever with 1 million people at his Portland campaign rally.

Hasn't Pelosi, Sanders, Obama, Chomski, and other major democrats denounced this little hate group at one point in time? I used to be very critical of the group, until I read Noam Chomski's article about antifa is "wrong in principle, self destructive, and a gift to the right."

I love antifa. Little do they know, they are their own worst enemy. I think denouncing the violent fringe groups of the left wing would be a wise thing for the rest of the left to do for their own sake. We all know their mere existence is to intimidate and assault people they don't agree with, in hopes that they can scare the other side into submission.

I'm pretty sure I remember you once denounced Antifa yourself. Last year, you were trying to tell me that Antifa was most likely hired by Milo to shut down his own event in Berkeley, as part of a publicity stunt. Possibly to make the his enemies appear more violent. Today you're defending Antifa. Why is that? Life sure comes at you fast. LOL[/quote]

That video footage looks incriminating on the Proud Boys. Here is is from a different angle. Looks like antifa threw the first blow: a projectile- probably a water bottle filled with piss.

Not only that, but this event was a Gavin McInnes speech in NYC. Wonder when we'll start seeing Proud Boys show up to leftist events to try and shut 'em down (by any means necessary).

The main reason I haven't talked about the Proud Boys, is because I have mixed feelings about them as a whole. I can't pull myself to endorse them, and I'm not fully ready to denounce them. I've enjoyed Gavin's podcasts and his Get Off My Lawn segments, but he's not my favorite though. On the plus side, I think encouraging incel dudes to join a support club, and to to stop wasting away their lives playing video games and jacking off is a great idea. BAMN always comes to right wing events looking for a fight; they've been known to punch WWII veterans in wheel chairs. So maybe it's good to know that they run the risk of running into some ProudBoys who will kick their asses. Seems like the Proud Boys want to be the bully avengers, which is no wonder why the left hates them so much, and likely makes up stories about them. On the down side, I can't pull myself to encourage violence the way Gavin does. He talks like a lunatic and he has a demeanor that invites even more violence from his enemies than he needs to. His whole man club is soon to become a liability. I'll be ready to fully denounce the Proud Boys the second they become the right wing equivalent to antifa.

5. GuerrillaLorax

It's funny how he literally ignored almost every single one of our examples. And even answered some of his own questions, such as the far-Right extremist proud boys failed attemps at shutting down "leftist" events.

And no one was saying antifa doesn't sometimes throw the first punch. The "punch heard around the world" proves that. But stopping one of the most active groups in the deadly white-supremacist movement (in the us and canada), allied with literal terrorist organizations, is worth throwing a few punches.

6. Yea, I don't think encouraging violence is a good position for anyone to take. Justifying it as a means to an end sounds like beer cellar talk. McInnes comes off way too casual about it, I suspect because in the back of his mind he knows he can always escape like a rich man if things get too hot. I might buy his act if it was coming from someone lower on the ladder.

What I think is interesting is the way the left is organizing to squash any sort of right of center organization that has been designated as needing of destruction, desolation and despair. It's interesting because the left has the resources to do this. Their targets are small and unsupported.

7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Could you explain please?

8. GuerrillaLorax

The left and post-left also occasionally fight parts of the center. And what resources? The far-Right and fascist movement in america has received support from the state itself.

scratcho likes this.
  9. GuerrillaLorax

10. Somebody paid for all those tour buses.

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Panic

LOL - what - are you comparing yourself to a chicken?

12. GuerrillaLorax

This is following a strategy by the extreme-right to focus on "soft targets".

"However the push by the group [Atomwaffen Divison] to leave behind ‘activism’ and public rallies and instead focus on soft targets also lines up strongly with the actions of groups like Identity Evropa, Rise Above Movement, the Proud Boys, and Patriot Front." - **

"Moreover, Alt-Right groups in the last several months have switched up their tactics, and are now openly targeting what they call “soft targets,” or liberal and social justice groups which are unable or refuse to fight back." **

13. GuerrillaLorax

"In Portland, a mix of about 20 Patriot Prayer and Proud Boy members zig-zaged around the city, trying to start fights with different groups of people while generally harassing the public. They were by and large rebuffed by antifascists and counter-protesters, however their rhetoric around violence, weapons, and night time attacks is increasing, as well as their attempt at assaults. Check out our next episode, for a more detailed run down. Check this thread for a blow by blow."

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's always so important for the alt-right types to say who punches first. They can justify their behavior as self defense. Yet they go to places they are not welcome. Trump said he will pay the bail or anyone who punches a Democrat at his rally. The audience cheered.

Now what if some Democrat just wanted to come and "discuss the facts of both sides". Is that an appropriate response? The people are there because they have gathered under shared belief. The purpose of that gathering is not to facilitate the kind "both side" discussions. It is a time for them.

There are many example of this. What if wore an Obama shirt to a NRA meeting. Also probably going to upset people to the point of it getting physical. Especially if I saw the right things or give the right looks as the Alt-right often does. It's kind of like when you have an older sibling who is pissing you off with his finger an inch from your face. "I'm not touching you I'm not touching you!".

The Proud Boys and any other Alt-right group know this. The conflict is the goal. Their philosophy by nature is one of preparing for war. If a culture is to be protected any means necessary must be taken. This is why you have a Second Amendment. There is a time when it's OK to not talk. You need to stand up.

These Nazis hide under free speech and victimization yet in their ideal goverment ONLY their view is heard. Only a strong fascist leader for a white society. Free speech is not good it is a tool for disinformation or "fake news". They ask for what they do not give.

Many on the left see this in the alt-right. They don't need a gun but the idea is the same. There is a line and Picard and we will not cross.

Okiefreak likes this.
  15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I think if I see the word Nazi again I’m going to be physically sick.

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Nice marmot.