Democrats win the house: cons take to the streets

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Oh thank [insert chosen deity or philosophical position here]

Anyway I think we should really remember Ricky John Best, Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche and Micah David-Cole Fletcher who stepped in to protect the Muslim women the first two losing their lives in that selfless act.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  2. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

Excellent point. Media spends much more time on the shooter than their victims. I always say, never say the shooters name. Give them NO recognition. Make it about the heroes only.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i think he was just upset about his movie flopping.

[​IMG]

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I had to google who that was

Never dared to sit through that movie

5. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

"In recent years, the Republican Party has fallen back on a variety of voter suppression tactics to ensure electoral victories, from shutting down polling places in working class areas of color, gerrymandering and redistricting, to pushing new laws like Voter ID, as well as programs such as Cross-Check, which have been successful in kicking literally millions off the voting rolls. In the past when confronted with these tactics, such as in 2000 during the Florida voter recount, the Republicans have also turned towards another tried and true tool in their toolbox: far-Right muscle.

In 2000, Republican operative Roger Stone was instrumental in what was known as the “Brooks Brothers Riot,” where hundreds of paid Republican staffers and operates descended on the office where the vote recount was happening in Miami-Dade Florida. The group then attempted to storm the building and violence broke out, pushing the State to shut down the recount itself and became instrumental in handing the election over to Bush.

[​IMG]

Now, in the lead up to another possible recount, Roger Stone and various forces within the GOP and the far-Right are pushing groups like the Proud Boys to mobilize in an attempt to shut down the possible recount, but also intimidate and demoralize Democratic voters who are also demonstrating, largely African-Americans.

One thing is clear, what is incubating in Florida is a sign of things to come, as Proud Boys have already been documented at planning protests in Miami with GOP officials, and since the voting has ended, have been brought in by people like Roger Stone to organizing efforts to block any sort of recount. With groups of Proud Boys continuing to be seen out in the streets targeting working-class communities of color, the need for people to defend themselves is greater than ever." - Republican Circles Embracing Proud Boys in Recount Fight

stormountainman and Okiefreak like this.
  6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You trying to imply democrats havent tried similar tactics?

WritersPanic likes this.
  7. lode

lode Banned

Oh, the Democrats have gerrymandered a lot where possible. Simply the republicans controlled more state legislatures and were able to gerrymander much more effectively. This ends up with a big urban rural divide, and rural voters having much more power in the US than urban voters.

Voter role purges and strict voter id laws have been almost completely completely done by the Republicans however, due to a variety of demographic factors, this generally favors them. The problems lies that every state and in cases every single district can make it's own rules relating to how people can vote for national elections.

Okiefreak likes this.
  8. So I found this list for how the right are perceived
    [​IMG]

Anyone happen to have a version for the left?​

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  9. lode

lode Banned

We're just going to memes then?

[​IMG]

stormountainman likes this.
  10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

grinning jackass.

snowtiggernd and stormountainman like this.
  11. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Anyone who would deny medical care to a poor person is a total jackass.

snowtiggernd and scratcho like this.
  12. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

You can prefer one extreme over another while still believing that extremism is bad.

It's not any more a contradiction than to say you'd rather freeze to death than be burned alive

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Just look at the photo you posted. He's wearing Zodiac Killer t-shirt. This should suggest that he's likely one of those types of freaks who glorifies serial killers. I'm not sure how that picture alone should suggest he's a conservative. Last time I checked, conservatives don't have a monopoly on the star spangled banner. Just because you say Bernie doesn't represent what this psychopath stood for (which I agree with you), one could just as easily say that conservatives don't represent stabbing innocent people either. So either way you say it, it is a no true Scotsman fallacy.

Seems to me the stabber puts on a new political identity every morning, he's clearly a psycho.

Then again, maybe Bernie was the Zodiac Killer all along :eek:

bernzodiac.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  14. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Political violence is never justified, unless it's an act of self defense.

I support everyone right to freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and the freedom to protest. And this freedom is for saints and bigots of all stripes.

Now just because I support everyone's right to exercise these freedoms, that doesn't mean I always support the message they're protesting or broadcasting.

If there's a movement or a protest taking place where people are harassed, traffic is being stalled, private and public property is being destroyed, people are being assaulted, and more. There's a very good chance I'm not going to support the side that is causing this aggression.

Yes, I've heard it time and time again that most political terrorism is right wing. But what incidents do they consider right wing? Are religiously motivated terror attacks including christianity and islamic based terrorism deemed right wing as well?

Even if the majority of political terrorism is right wing, it would be coming from a part of the right wing I want nothing to do with.

Personally, the worst I've ever seen "my side" do in terms of political violence, was when Ron Paul supporters threw snowballs at that creep Sean Hannity.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    WritersPanic likes this.
  15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've never actually seen the movie either. but the pictures are all over the internet, and that guy popped right into my head when i saw the stabber's picture.

16. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

All agree he is mentally off but our first discussion was whether he was far right. If he looks like a duck, talks like a duck and walks like a duck, then he's an effing duck. This is from a Wash post article based off of eye witnesses to his radical behavior in Oregon protest, his FB pages etc. I don't think old school conservatives represent the stabbing BUT the new far right have been embolden by our president to act out with strong racial actions. Since the picture was not enough for you, read the story. Feel free to rant about fake news.

The Portland Mercury, a local newspaper, reported that Christian was a “known right wing extremist and white supremacist” who had attempted to assault protesters at local demonstrations in the past. Video from April 29, shot by Mercury reporter Doug Brown, showed Christian arriving at a “March for Free Speech” draped in an American flag and carrying a baseball bat. While there, Christian yelled to the crowd that he was a “nihilist,” shouted the n-word at people and gave Nazi salutes, Brown reported.

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    doug brown@dougbrown8

Suspect in brutal Portland hate crime murders is known white supremacist. I photo'd him giving Nazi salute in April http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2017/05/27/19041594/suspect-in-portland-hate-crime-murders-is-a-known-white-supremacist …

7:37 AM - May 27, 2017

1,041 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, a Facebook page they said belonged to Christian showed he held racist, white supremacist and extremist beliefs. On that profile, the Facebook user said he supported creating a “White homeland” in the Pacific Northwest and declared on April 9 that he had “just Challenged Ben Ferencz (Last Living Nuremberg Persecutor) to a Debate in the Hague with Putin as our judge. I will defend the Nazis and he will defend the AshkeNAZIs.”

17. I've noticed that Kellyanne Conway's eyes are not level. The left one is higher than the right.
    [​IMG]
    It just creeps me out is all.

18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

There are those that do the violence and those that create the climate in which it is likely to thrive and/or incite others to violence.

One of the oldest ways to do this is to dehumanise others, saying mean and nasty things about people or telling ‘jokes’ that imply others beasts and inferiors for example.

For example if people claim all Muslims as dangerous and violent people that would like to kill all non-muslims and impose my force Sharia law, such inflammatory language is likely to heighten fears, bring about reactions even violent reactions against property and people.

It is my experience that those that wish to incite violence are those that like to give the greatest lip service to ‘freedom of speech’ and use it as a defence for the hate they wish to spread.

Okiefreak and GuerrillaLorax like this.
  19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Right wing violence? Try JFK, RFK, MLK on for size.

stormountainman likes this.
  20. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

And scratcho for the win!

scratcho likes this.