Demeber 21, 2012 WORLD END

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by AestheticNugs, Nov 2, 2007.

1. AestheticNugs

AestheticNugs Member

So, I have been thinking this through and I feel something coming, whether it is the end or our awakening. What do you think??? The Mayan were intelligent people in their time and in this time still.

2. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

I dont think so. sorry.
    But how did they come up with that? And when? Seems interesting enoug...

3. AestheticNugs

AestheticNugs Member

You have never heard of the Mayan calender? Extremeley smart people. On December 21, 2012, the sun is going to align with our milky way, causing the light to be seen differently and possible the end or an awakening.

4. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

I heard that the Earth & Sun are going to pass the "galatic equator", which some geologists speculate there is a chance that the poles might switch. Who knows? That's just one theory and I don't even know how accepted that is in the geologic community. The poles have switched before (why? I haven't heard any theories explaining it; only know about the evidence) so it's not IMPOSSIBLE, but what's the probability of that happening? I'm no expert in sedimentology and stratigraphy (my field is minerals) so I haven't heard anything other research that supports the theory.

Peace and love

5. AestheticNugs

AestheticNugs Member

All possibilities are endless. I cannot believe nobody has heard of this yet.

6. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

It's been on the History channel a couple times. From their program, I heard that a computer program "web-bot" also predicted the end in 2012, as well as a Chinese method of fortune telling (I think it was called I-ching, but don't hold me to that), Roman oracles, native americans, and even the real Merlin, who was a darker wizard than the myths. It's interesting that they all focus on one date, 2012. When I'm suicidal or just tired of living, it kind of gives me a little comfort, that if the end is 2012, I won't suffer much longer. However, that's just my darker side running wild. I don't have an opinion one way or another. If it's true, cool, if not, life goes on. I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Peace and love

Peace and love

7. CSP101

CSP101 Member

It is so true. I've thought this since the 7th grade when I watched a video about mayan lunar predictions. I hope its an awakening. Enlightenment just sounds beutiful

8. AestheticNugs

AestheticNugs Member

oh it absolutely sounds beautiful. But do you think we deserve it?

9. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

yea, i heard that too. it would be interesting to see what happens.

10. ChiefCowpie

ChiefCowpie hugs and bugs

the mayan calendar works like a computer that if you look at a particual date, it will tell you the specific position of all the planets. modern scientists are baffled about how they obtained such acuracy

11. ChiefCowpie

The Mayan Calendar

• [​IMG]Among their other accomplishments, the ancient Mayas invented a calendar of remarkable accuracy and complexity. At right is the ancient Mayan Pyramid Chichen Itza, Yucatan, Mexico. The Pyramid of Kukulkan at Chichén Itzá, constructed circa 1050 was built during the late Mayan period, when Toltecs from Tula became politically powerful. The pyramid was used as a calendar: four stairways, each with 91 steps and a platform at the top, making a total of 365, equivalent to the number of days in a calendar year.

The Maya calendar was adopted by the other Mesoamerican nations, such as the Aztecs and the Toltec, which adopted the mechanics of the calendar unaltered but changed the names of the days of the week and the months. An Aztec calendar stone is shown at right (below).[​IMG]

The Maya calendar uses three different dating systems in parallel, the Long Count, the Tzolkin (divine calendar), and the Haab (civil calendar). Of these, only the Haab has a direct relationship to the length of the year.

A typical Mayan date looks like this: 12.18.16.2.6, 3 Cimi 4 Zotz.
      12.18.16.2.6 is the Long Count date.
      3 Cimi is the Tzolkin date.
      4 Zotz is the Haab date.

12. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

The Mayon calendar predicted that on December 21st 2012, the world would end. My opinion, many many highly calculating societies. even the Egyptians predicted the world would end. As their dates have passed, I am sure that Dec 21st 2012 or 21/12/12 seems expected result. LOOK:

21 or lets say 20 for convienience. 20/12/2012<<<<<<<See the 12? 20<<<<See the 20? Now put the 12 in front of 20, 2012. Or take 21,take away the one, so you get 0. Now it appears as 20. The 12 month. December. Now 20/12/12. Or 2012.

They weren't advance in their precision. Just lucky. I bet in a million years time, when they see our national lottery. They will say the same thing to lottery winners. Problem with TIME is, Chinese whispers. Someone says something, then by the time it has matured, it has turned into something different. I think the Mayers were saying, 2012 was the end of one decade and the start of another . They were one number too many. Should have been 2011. Because many people say the millenium actually started in 2001. So I rest My sherlock hat and begin my next investigation:D

13. ChiefCowpie

dude, the world has already ended but you can't see it

14. Sunshine Designs

Sunshine Designs Member

Not only the Mayans have pointed that time period for the end of times. Nostradamus also puts it around 2012

15. tommyhot

tommyhot Member

It's bullshit. Live your life and stop worrying about it.

I don't believe in "predictions". I'll let the morons believe in that nonsense.

16. Bl4ck3n3D

Bl4ck3n3D Member

The Mayan calander has already shown that it is accurate in it's predictions.

People need to stop saying 2012 is the end of the world, because IT'S NOT.

It is the transformation of the human collective sub-conscious into the collective conscious. It is change, it is an ascension, it is good.

The age of aquarious is upon us.

17. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Mixing metaphors, Blackened, but yes, a time of transformation that is an end, and a destruction, but so is blowing your nose, to bacteria.
    Waking up in the morning is a transformation of consciousness.

Only the materialists fear change. Change is constant. All things Change.

18. yyyesiam2

yyyesiam2 Senior Member

look up planet x or nibiru on youtube. also:
    reptilian
    strange
    creatures
    hollow earth
    growing earth
    bohemian grove
    lizard
    david icke
    sumerians
    others, but i'm sure that's enough to keep anyone entertained for a while.

19. yyyesiam2

yyyesiam2 Senior Member

oh and annunaki, of course.

20. tommyhot

tommyhot Member

Lots of total BS there! Man the crap some people believe.....