Demand House Republicans Denounce Ann Coulter's Hate-Speech

Discussion in 'Protest' started by vinceneilsgirl, Jun 29, 2006.

1. vinceneilsgirl

vinceneilsgirl Member

2. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

From the link you gave, I don't know what prompted her to say that. She has a right to her own opinion though.

3. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

Everyone has a right to their opinion, it's just sad when it attacks mourning women. I would say it was a low-blow on her part. I am interested in reading the book however, the possibility exists that she justifies it someway that everyone has skipped over.

Though I don't see how having republican's denounce her will change anything...

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

The petition thing is ridiculous. I won't be signing it. Anyone who doesn't think Ann Coulter is an idiot needs their head examined. Anyone who takes anything she says to heart deserves to be offended. And why should anyone be forced to denounce what she says when they're not the ones who said it? It's a free country and people are entitled to free speech, no matter how stupid and obnoxious they are. Free speech is no different for a hack like Ann Coulter than it is for you. I think it's time some people actually read the First Amendment.

5. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

She's put her book in the top ten, that's what she was after in the long run. I for one don't want to read it. She's a right wing media hack, that got her job because she was cute.

6. R. August Croen

R. August Croen Member

She's only kind of cute if you mute your TV and avoid watching her too closely.

[​IMG]

7. Shambhala Peace

For some women, that's true. A sad fact.
    I just think it's important to remain abreast with republican opinions, that way I don't get caught off-guard with their accusations of liberals. It's always good to read people's works of differing opinions.

8. trevor3051

trevor3051 Member

she's not even a republican she's just an idiot, but also very smart because she knows by saying these ridiculous things she'll get attention from the media and people will want to buy her book to see what all the fuss is about.

9. Shambhala Peace

That's why I use libraries. :D

I wouldn't want to give her money to support her cause. ;)

10. Pressed_Rat

Cute? I think she looks scary.

11. Pressed_Rat

I wouldn't call her smart at all. She's merely good at what she does, which is being a reactionary and a pundit. Most 12 year olds have a better knowledge of history than Ann Coulter does.

If you don't believe me, just watch this clip of the stupid bitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5z5-EYaALE&search=Ann%20Coulter

Even better is this interview from the Alex Jones Show, where Ann Coulter is interviewed by Jones regarding the Patriot Act. She incessantly defends the Patriot Act, despite having admittedly never read it:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/coulter_07_10_03.html

12. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Why should every Republican have to denounce what one pundit says? She claims to be a Republican, the Republicans didn't say Ann Coulter was an official representative.

Should the Democrats have to appologise for the party being ambivalent to the abolitionist movement in the 1800's? That's about as reasonable.