Defense Department Establishes Civilian Expeditionary Workforce

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Pressed_Rat, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

This doesn't belong in this forum, but some people just don't want to hear the truth if it doesn't mesh with their media-scultped view of "reality." After all, Wolf Blitzer didn't mention this today on CNN. It must be made up then.

Pay close attention to the wording of this article. This ties in with Obama's plan for a civilian security force to be "as powerful and well-funded as the US military." The words in bold is my emphasis. The words in red bold are my comments.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/news....aspx?id=52840

2. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Underneath all the fancy wording and phrases are a lot of half truths and white lies. This is a very thinly veiled "substitute" for a draft.

3. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

4. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Will these volunteers be payed?

Well, you mention: "they really mean to say is the civilian unemployed"... "desperate to feed their families, they're going to be recruited into these "service" positions WITHOUT their consent"

Food cost money, yes? No pay; No food.

You seem to half recognise the fact they will be civilian DOD employees, while on the other hand, attempting to suggest they will be Joe blogs off the street. It is not both.

Q. How will my pay be affected?

A. You will retain all the pay and benefits to which you are currently entitled as a DoD civilian employee. A brief description of the additional entitlements and benefits for temporary duty service is provided benefits.

I think they are actually talking about people that are already employed by the DOD. So, not the unemployed seeking "work".

"they're required to do something they have no say in"

You do say: that volunteers be sought first.
    Reading other information, it seems there are certain roles to be filled:
    http://www.cpms.osd.mil/expeditionar...spx?jCat=cocom

It seems pretty much like internal job opportunities.

Quite productive roles it seems.
    So I doubt they will have any trouble finding "volunteers."
    "This first phase immediately expands opportunities for DoD civilians to serve in global expeditionary positions from six months and up to one year in length."

It does seem true that some may not have a choice if they are in deployable positions. Something they would be aware of when signing their employment contract.

Civilian Expeditionary Workforce Agreement – Position Based, as a condition of employment. Job announcements and positions descriptions for such positions must contain a statement that the position is designated as Emergency Essential (E-E) Non-Combat Essential (NCE).

http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=1&gl=uk

Emergency-Essential (E-E) DoD U.S. Citizen Civilian Employees

Authors: ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF DEFENSE (FORCE MANAGEMENT AND PERSONNEL) WASHINGTON DCAbstract: This Directive reissues reference (a) Dod Directive 1404.10, 'Retention of Emergency-Essential (E-E) DoD Civilian Employees Overseas,' April 6, 1990 (hereby canceled). It updates policy to ensure the continued performance of employees in civilian positions that: (a) Have been designated as 'E-E' before crisis situations. (b) Have not been designated previously as 'E-E,' but for which continued performance is deemed essential to support combat-essential systems.

http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier= ADA270163

So, nothing new it seems. Just under a new name.

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

No, Odon, you totally misread it. What they meant was that you will earn the same pay (considering you still have a job) that you would as a "DoD civilian." So if you earned $40,000 a year, you will earn that much working as a civilian for the DOD under this program. Why would they be recruiting people from the DoD anyway? That makes no sense. It's the DoD that is heading up the program.

6. Fyrenza

Fyrenza Queen of the Ians

This is EXACTLY the Forum it belongs in ~>

it's riddled with CT's,

the postings of the "insane/manical" members everyone wants to stay away from,

and fabulous debating material!

Welcome to the New (Forum) World Order... :rolleyes:

7. Fyrenza

Fyrenza Queen of the Ians

i took it to mean like the roles that didn't necessarily require military training~ secretaries; clerks; accounting positions; doctors; nurses; etc.

Also, it sort of sounded like what they were REALLY looking for was retired military to come back, and that hits pretty close to home, for me ~ my brother is only 52, retired from the Navy, pursuing a continuing career with the Post Office, as an admin/master tech dude, and with sea experience, as well as rank and experience, he seems like a perfect candidate for voluntary re-enlistment.

Now, i guess we'll see if it's really going to be "voluntary"...

8. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Precisely. Any role that has been deemed "Emergency-Essential (E-E)" (and such) and are DoD Civilian Employees.

I don't think we should not entangle the word "re-inlistment" into this as it is a different set of circumstances. But, that would be voluntary...
    This could be involuntary but would not involve dragging people out of retirement.

It will and it won't, but whom ever does get sent will have that proposition in their terms of employment (as far as I can see.)

9. odon

odon Slightly Popular

As far as I can see they are (would be) DoD employees.
    I asked how much they would be payed as it seemed as if that was a motivating factor that you could see enticing people.
    I was trying to make you see they are already employees and are being payed anyway.

Why would they be recruiting DoD employees?
    It seems like an internal recruitment drive.
    They would have the skills and training already in place.

Again..If I have read this right, it does not seem like anything new.

10. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Sorry for the delay was snowed in. :mad:

I hope my previous responses have answered this...
    I agree with your interpretation...btw.