Deer...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Inavacuum, May 18, 2007.

1. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

Well I didn't hit it, but I did go off into the ditch on a dirt road coming back from a trail. I was going maybe 40mph but it was still enough to break a wheel, bend the control arm bracket on my axle and fuck up my tie rod. All this on the front passenger side. It was a pretty decent impact even though i was only going 40. It shifted everything inside but looks like engine is over all okay. Not dripping any fluids or anything like that. I plan on taking it to a mech to have the new brackets welded on and to over all check out everything to make sure I'm not missing something. Hopefully he'll tell me it bent the control arm too so I'll have a legitimate excuse to go ahead and upgrade to some adjustables[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Damn deer......

2. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

damn :eek:

reminds me of a time when i was going down a long dirt road on an ATV. im speeding down it, then all the sudden this cow pops up in front of me, so i end up landing in a ditch. the atv turned out alright luckily

3. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hell yeah, adjustables are the shit...

Anddddddd, I still think the most amazing thing you can do with a Jeep are power ratios...

:D Man, if I were you, I would totally get a set of Super Swamper TSLs for her someday.

I was out on a Quad yesterday, I gave a guy some gas and he let me ride around. I'm in West Virginia right now.

4. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

Nice camera!:)

(I don't know anything about cars.)

5. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Trucks rather, cars are a little more... variable.

For some reason, trucks just seem simpler, to me.

Except for a lot of the new stuff... These days, you're supposed to switch out transfer case fluids, I believe, after about six months of driving in GM 4x4s, but most people don't catch that one and it'll start making noise and jumping...

Man, despite my despisement when it came to the pre-six-standard-airbag-and-non-collapsable-beam safety era, in Japanese cars, I've always sorta had a Subaru thing and a thing for a Yota truck. Uh... the only problem I see with the Tacomas and whatnot is, when I drove an '06... your only option is shift on the fly...

So what if you're already stuck, your tires are locked up in god knows just what (they won't spin.. or perhaps one will) and it's impossible to do use one of the push button shift-on-the-fly systems.

I mean, we have two Silverados, we've had everything from Z71s to basic two-wheel-drive ones over the years, and I've never really had an issue with them besides tire blowouts (due to a former owner's lack of maintenence). I rolled one over and it was still being all beast and whatnot, you dig... I pretty much watched the battery acid melt the plastic portion of the grill, when I did it.

Ugh. I have so much regret when it comes to that (mostly because one of my best friends died in a car accident and his brother was in the truck when it rolled). I don't hold large regrets. Reckon I hold iffy, guilty, chase-and-beat-you-down-with-a-friggin-rubber-mallet-till-you-die regrets... :D I love my dashes. dash dash dash... -------

Perhaps I just have a tent stake fetish..

Anywho, I've been looking at a lot of Land Rovers, Jeeps, Nissan X-Terras, and 4-runners/landcruiser kinda deals, lately...

Eh, I just wish they could make a fucking VW Rabbit truck again. :D That would be the shit. Volkswagens have amazing auto/tiptronic transmissions... But who really takes european cars and trucks off road?

I did see someone in a BMW convertible on a hunting trail today... :eek:

6. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

booooo IFS