decorated little knoty things...

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by sweetdreadlover, Jun 7, 2006.

1. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

what kind of little friends do u have decorating your draddies?..i have two wooden beads in one of my front dreads, and i have a dread coil thats awesome.

2. A-Shwa-Child

A-Shwa-Child Member

I have 3 copper pipe things, 3 white wooden beads, and 1 nut which is painted yellow... I need more ...

3. Billie

Billie Member

3 wooden bead on ma favorite dready Pippin and some material.

pretty bland at the mo'

4. greentree

greentree Member

i have a green pipe cleaner twizzled around one, two small wooden beads and the dread coil made by arlia :)

5. Closetjunkie

Closetjunkie Member

I have a bead in every one of my dreads, and a beautiful black and tan hemp wrap that my friend used with one of my dreads like you'd make a bracelet, and now it looks like a "staircase"? I dont know if thats the name of the kind of bracelet, but anyway, it's around one of my dreads.

[​IMG]

6. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

We change my daughter's beads on a regular basis. Right now she has one pink and yellow swirled clay bead that she made, and a glass bead that humblebee made in her hair. Sometimes she has upwards of fifty beads in her hair, but usually just four or five, depends on her mood and how long she'll let me play with her dreads.

7. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

Wanna see new pics mamaboogie :)

8. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

the pic in my sig was just the weekend before last.

9. sweetdreadlover

her hair is adorable mamaboogie:)

10. dcdude

dcdude Member

nothing in mine yet

11. beautiful_freak

beautiful_freak Member

I got a few peaces of thread wrapped around two, I got a piercing, I got cowrieshells sewed onto one, I got 2 rings, and a ringlike unidentified object :p, and an artsy ironthread thingy. hmm more than I realised!

12. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I usually just have glass in my hair. Kinda inevitable when you make the stuff! :) I have a small glass bead (my first glass dreadie bead) that I was given the first time I worked @ the Oregon country fair, the year I let my dreads go. One that my boyfriend traded for the day we met, while we were hanging out. He put it in my hair shortly after. Several are usually in my hair that were gifts/trades from other glass blowers who wanted to be remember when I left Oregon. And I usually keep 1-3 beads that I made myself in there, and give them away as gifts when I meet and hit it off with another dreadie...
    Oh yeah, my bf just reminded me that I have a small piece of silver wire in my hair too. It was from the summer we met, somebody dropped this little silver ring into his jar when he was playing guitar on the street. It looked just like a quarter, with the ridges on the outside, and was about the same size. He put it in one of my phatties at the time, and eventually it broke and wrapped real tight around the dread. I never bothered to take it out.

13. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

i have a wooden bead and right now i have a twist tie holding two together cause i'm putting thread there, but didnt have time. haha..

14. sweetdreadlover

hmmm...speaking of the ocf...r u working it this year ??...lemme know cuz i go every year and this year will be no different