decisons with acid

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by veroness, May 6, 2007.

1. veroness

veroness There's only one :)

is it normal to want to try it, and then not and then want to? whenever it comes up in conversation and on tv and what i seem to be more and more interested in it. one thing that keeps me from doing it besides avalibility is that its stuck in my head that mushrooms are safer although i have been told that isnt nescessaraly true. ive tripped on mushes twice one 2.5 grams and the other 5g. the first trip was awesome and so open and free but the other was kinda techno-y and smushed together . if you try acid for the first time and do less, would that be a vaild example of how you would react to acid?

2. Glordag

Glordag Member

Well, I've done an ok amount of acid and haven't done any shrooms yet, so I'm kind of in the opposite boat as you. From what I understand, though, shrooms have a bit more confusion inherent in them. Also, it seems that shrooms have some sort of spiritual aspect that isn't quite as prevalent in acid. I've also heard that shrooms have more of a personal feel to them in the sense that you feel like you are looking at yourself and possibly judging.

Personally, I tried varying doses of acid from 1 hit to 8 hits, and I never had a bad trip in the least. It was always very interesting and usually very fun. It seems to me like acid is safer than shrooms, but I'm sure there are plenty on here who would argue that point.

The main problem I see with people concerning bad acid trips is ego loss. That's really the only time I saw one of my friends freak out. He completely forgot who he was, where he was, what he was doing, etc. I haven't encountered that myself, but he was fine after about 30 minutes of talking to him and calming him down. I'd definitely say it's worth trying, just make sure to have someone else around the first time and don't take more than 2 hits. I think you'll probably find that it's a more "interesting observations" than "insightful and spiritual". Then again, like I said, I've never done mushrooms, so I can't really speak about the differences from experience.

EDIT: Oh, and I'd say it's quite normal to go back and forth on wanting to try it or not. As with any drug, it's always a bit intimidating when you are first considering taking it. I was pleasantly surprised when I took acid for the first time, and I think this is usually the case. The only difficult part if you take a low dose, imo, is the come down. If you are kind of tired, it can seem like an ABSURDELY long time when you are laying down trying to go to sleep. It isn't necessarily a "bad trip" at that point, it's just more of an annoyance I suppose. I think the main reason is that (at least for me) the trip shifts to less of a visual/experiential trip and more of an internal and thoughtful trip. When you're exhausted from the rest of the trip that night, that kind of thing can be pretty tedious.

3. Nitrusx

Nitrusx Banned

I was hesitent my first time too, but in the end it fell nothing short of astonishing.

4. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

I actually do think that mushrooms are "safer" in a sense. I probably tripped harder on mushrooms, but at no point did I ever think I would be "stuck" in mushroom land or anything, but I will never ever forget that electric feeling of acid... wow. It just stays with you, I don't know how else to describe it, much more than mushrooms in my opinion. Then again I think acid is more "fun" and more likely to be a truly pleasurable experience so it's a tough call.

5. StayLoose1011

And to follow up, I don't think that ego loss is the only danger, not even close. For starters, there really is a good chance you'll feel like you'll never come down, and I probably shouldn't say this, but the scary thing is, some people DON'T come down (very very few of course), so when you're lost in acid/shroom land it can be a little scary. Not to mention the fact that your thoughts are amplified by 1000, and you mind is racing 90 mph, so if you start thinking about bad things happening in your life or anything like that, you can be in for 8 hours of hell. Honestly though, if you're in a good state of mind and you're generally happy with your life and not too prone to freaking out/panicking/anxiety, as long as you don't take too much and you take it in a good environment, you'll almost certainly be fine. I think acid in general feels good - you'll laugh your ass off during the come up, and it should set the mood for an enjoyable experience. But again, the slightest negativity really can throw things off, very quickly and very severely.

6. Glordag

Glordag Member

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant when I was describing the come down. I haven't ever heard of someone "not coming down" though. There can be some permanent effects I'm sure, but I dunno if I'd call it "not coming down"...

7. StayLoose1011

Well, I'm sure it's extremely rare, but I've heard way too many psych ward stories to think it's just a myth, so I would consider that not coming down :p

8. Glordag

Glordag Member

Just a matter of semantics, then :)

9. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

Ive never though i wouldnt come down from acid...

High doses of shrooms HAVE made me genuinly concerned for my life though, various times on various trips...

THe reason that acid gives you an electrified feeling is because in essense thats what happening...LSD attatches to your serotonin receptors and "electrically" stimulates them...ahhh the glory

10. Glordag

Glordag Member

lol! Indeed. I've never thought I wouldn't come down, either. I think it just depends how much willpower you have and how good you are at not losing control. I've heard of plenty of people that think they will never come down while they are on it. Personally, I'm usually just pissed off that I can't sleep :p

11. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

yeah, i usually have to have some kind of downer at the tail end of a trip or some sleeping pills to sleep...

12. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

I finally got to take LSD and mushrooms (in the form of liquid psilocibon sp?) at the same time this weekend. I only think there is one word to describe the train of higness that blasted into me : WOW!

13. StayLoose1011

Judging from that guestbook entry you left me, I believe it! :p

14. Krsna Bhakti

haha
    I was meaning to go hiking too, and I ate the acid at 7:00pm while driving about an hour out of the city, and when it hit me I was like uh oh, I better get back home :tongue:

15. StayLoose1011

hahaha I know that feeling. Several times I've taken a giant bong hit, gotten in my car to go to some sort of public place or something, and before I've gotten half way, I've turned around headed back home! haha

16. Krsna Bhakti

Dude, thank god I did go home, and thank god I stayed home after I ate the mushrooms, because once 5am rolled around my vision became a total koleidascope of nastiness and insanity :)

17. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

I find this ever so often. Many people are probably thinking about bad trips and rumours when you really want to try it. You can even feel butterflies in your stomach sometimes when you're about to do it. I find this with both mushrooms and LSD, but not Salvia Divinorum. I seem to have a suspenseful wait until the peak, then I start having a good trip (never had a bad one).

18. Glordag

Glordag Member

Salvia is a whole different world. It's always pure ego loss, but not in any sort of scary (or even really exciting) way. It's like you get transported inside a movie or something...