Decisions, decisions... (4/20)

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by hummblebee, Apr 2, 2007.

1. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I don't know what to do.... Dammit!

Keller is playing in my area (in Nashville on the Vanderbilt campus) on the night of 4/20. I haven't seen him in two years almost, and I'm way more "into" him now than I was then. I've missed him the last 3 times he was around, just because shit didn't work out. And it's 4/20, man!

But now, I find out that some friends-of-friends of mine down in the country (about an hour and a half drive from the Keller show...) are throwing a 2-day festie on their land, and they invited us out to set up and vend. They'll have smaller, more local bands, along with most of the whole hippie scene from the Nashville area. It's going on all day 4/20, and into the next day. Now I don't know what to do! I'm starting to lean toward the fest, since it'll be longer, we can flat-out vend there (we could really stand to make a few $), and it's where most of our friens will be.

I looked at the schedule for the campus event and it turns out Keller is only playing for an hour. It just kills me to know that we might be missing him again! What would you guys do?

2. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

Fest. Nothing beats the vibe of a friendly local fest. Keller'll be back around, you know it!

3. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'd settled on and why. Thanks for the input Rob!

... I just wish I could catch Keller. I mean, if anyone would be cool to see and would understand that day and everything... and it's been so long! Ah, but you're right... He'll be back around, he always is. I just wonder what will try and stop me from seeing him next time! :)

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

FEST.
    KEeller will do his same stuff for years to come.

5. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

the fest
    especially since keller is only playing for an hour

6. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Is there any way to do both?

7. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I wish there were - but the fest/party is going to be going on all day before and after the Keller show, which is easily an hour (if not more) away.

Only thing that makes me nervous is that I can't really know what to expect for the little fest... but our friend who invited us has never steered us wrong, and I know the crowd who'll be there is chill... so I'm definitely going to do the fest. Like everyone said, Keller's only on for an hour, and he'll be back! :)

8. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Ah I see. Well, cool! Have a great time at the fest! :)