Death

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I got high and I was thinking about how easily death of the physical body can come about. You could be fine one minute, and the next minute you could have a brain aneurysm, or a misfiring of the electrical currents to the heart, and BAM, you're dead instantly. It happens to people everyday.

It was freaking me out a bit, even though I am not afraid of death, and I believe that there is an infinite number of realities or dimensions that parallel the one we're living in. Death is merely physical, and when you die your higher being (call it a "soul" or whatever) enters a different reality or dimension.

But I am digressing.

The fear I had was more about the sudden nature in which occurrences of sudden death as previously mentioned have happened, and how easily they can happen.

I am wondering how many people have died while thinking about dying (not including suicide, etc.). I am wondering if anyone ever thought about their heart stopping as it actually stopped -- and when it stopped, was it because they were thinking about it, or was it just a coincidence.

Excuse me as I climb back aboard the mothership.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Eric!, Orison and Irminsul like this.
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

coincidences can happen, as can the influence of thoughts, at least within one's own physical substance.

its something to think about to be considerate of all possibilities, even if they might be too many to do so individually.

Pressed_Rat likes this.
  3. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

waiter! i'll have some of what he's smoking..

i think about this often too but i don't plan on dying anytime soon.

i'm going to be pretty pissed off if i don't finish this lifetime's task before i do die.

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Sounds like a bad trip

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You should change the type of pot you are smoking

6. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

one time at a festival i was telling a story about breaking a camping chair, and just as i got to the part where the chair breaks, the chair i was sitting in ripped open and i fell inside it. i was conpletely stuck and in pain but everyone was laughing so hard they couldnt help me out. what were we talking about again?

newbie-one likes this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

i ate some lsd and thought i was dead. but that common, and im to wasted atm to continue..

Noserider likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

i freak myself out like this allll the time on weed if not at a bi-daily basis about this type of thing. I just want it to be quick and hopefully where I don't have to feel anything.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

yeah i did same thing i had one sentence type out of maybe 10 or 50 sentences to get the story out and i said fuck this.
    backspace.........................................................

Noserider likes this.
  10. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You said you aren't scared of death, but you mention your fear of it. Is your fear actually not being able to control it from happening when you don't want it to happen?

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've been thinking quite a bit about death myself lately. but this just sounds like some good weed talking, so thank you for helping to bring me back to earth.

i've only gotten to that point on salvia, myself. lsd always made me feel more alive, if anything.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I recognize this situation as well :p You're stoned, a profound thought/insight bubbles up, strikes you and you entertain it a bit too long or intense.

13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I do this shit all the time.

But sometimes I just hit post reply anyway...half a thought, saying things I shouldn't say

14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I hate when I type out a long post, decide not to post it but the draft is saved so whenever I go back to the thread the defunct post is still written out in the box even though I backspaced the hell out of it.

eggsprog, Eric! and Noserider like this.