Death toll hits 33 in Canadian heatwave

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Deidre, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

2. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Damn. Yet people still deny global warming

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

they dont mention ontario though...where most people cant afford to run their a/c due to the jacked up hydro rates from liberal government

i mean previous liberal government...boy did they get their asses kicked good last month lmao

4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

It's just fake news, actors...
    There's no global warming going on.
    [​IMG]

newbie-one likes this.
  5. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Periods of very hot or very cold weather are not unexpected under normal conditions, so no one event is proof for or against global warming.

It's really the average global temperature, and the frequency of severe high temp events that is proof for global warming.

Deidre and Noserider like this.
  6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Took the words right outta...well, my keyboard, I guess...

7. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Yes this I know. This however is as you said just another in a long & ever increasing chain of severe high temp events. One don't need to be a scientist to witness the average temp increase even in just the last twenty years

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The dumbass part about the argument is there is only one solution, nobody wants to say out loud

Global warming is (hu)man made, then cut the number of humans, by like 7 billion

There will be an extra 3 billion fuckers on the planet in 30 years, but sure all we have to do is bring our our bag to the supermarket.

Its all relative anyway, that supervolcano under yosemite goes off, we will all know what global warming is

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  9. Noserider

Just the American West. I think you guys will be fine.

10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

[​IMG]

We are all frogs in a pot set to slow boil.
    Relaxxx. Enjoy the heat!

11. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

We're almost up to the medieval warm period.
    [​IMG]

12. Noserider

I'm assuming another little ice age will happen in the near future. I remember seeing a documentary on that one time. It was really interesting.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

most of our population actually lives further south than the northern borders of all your northwest states

72% of us are below the 49th parallel

50% of Canadians Live South of The Red Line

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2018
  14. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, the sun is headed into it's sleep cycle aka Solar Minimum. We're supposed to be due a mini-ice age in the next 15 years.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

One country gets a heat wave and they all say global warming! On the other side of the hemisphere another single country gets a record low and they say what global warming!

16. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I'm not sure if people outright deny that global warming exists, (well, some do) but more of the naysayers fall on the side of ''how'' it's being formed. A lot of people feel it's not largely human-made. It's seasonal and cyclical. That is true, but the fact that as the population across the globe grows, global warming gets worse, should say something about our collective footprints.

Well put.

I have much to learn about Canada. lol Good stuff to know.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I just find it odd that what amounts to normal every day weather here from June - September is enough to kill so many people in Canada. I'm guessing they just dont have ACs? Or maybe they're manual laborers, the article did mention it was mostly men who died

18. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Cool hat for the summer , warm one for the winter . My cool hat is both vented and can hold water when
    soaked, ah , the old fisher-man . Always camping . All the power (of electricity ) you demand is not an entitlement ,
    and one can die from being stupid about it . It's like being whisky-drunk fallen in a snow bank . Where's the
    warm hat ? But let's count the dead . Count the dead ... and glory to your ideal of power .

19. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I think that's what caught my eye more than anything. I'd suspect just not enough hydration, and preparedness for that weather.

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i didnt read the article but im sure its most likely older poor health folks who are stuffed into public housing