Death and dying

Discussion in 'Hippie Wisdom' started by Voice of Truth, May 17, 2011.

1. Voice of Truth

Voice of Truth Member

One of the most amazing things ever said to me was that we are all born dying. And his was one of the first things my wife ever told me.

I was one of the few men at a march for women's rights. The march could have gone better and I was amazed at just how many people, both men and women, hated the idea of equality. There was one man that was so filled with rage that he was throwing eggs at anyone he could. I jumped to the rescue of a dark haired beauty and then later offered her to come back to my pad so she could shower and clean up. Little did I know at the time that my act of heroism and gentleness would transform my soul into roaring flame of love. Because until that day, I had only been physically alive.

It was 3pm when covered in eggs and other foul smelling stuff, we entered my place. I still didn't know the girl's name but I said she could use the shower and my bathrobe and I would clean myself up using the kitchen sink. As luck would have it, I was finished first and I yelled out to her asking if she was hungry. To which she responded by inquiring about what I had to eat. Being on a student's budget, I only had eggs.

As that raven haired beauty exited my shower wearing only my old bathrobe, she had found away to take my breath away. I had had that old bathrobe since I was 13 and it looked incredible on her. She sat down and together we laughed as we eat the scrambled eggs.

The clock ticked away and we just kept talking. Then somewhere around 10:30 pm the conversation transformed into a kiss and that bathrobe fell to the floor. We made love and it was a passion without equal. When it was over and in the afterglow of loving caresses and conversation, she said the phrase that would forever change me, "From the day we are born, we spend every moment dying."

Several more shared adventures would eventually transform into a marriage. Which then turned into children, which then turned into grandchildren, which then would finally turn into my having to say good bye to that beautiful raven haired woman because she passed away.

So why is an old man with nothing better to do telling all of you this?
    Because you're all like me; you're all dying.

None of us know how much time we're going to have. None of us know what kind of life we're going to have. All we have is right here and right now. So you might as well live it trying to do things for the sake of love.

If you kill one scumbag world leader and replace him. In no time the guy that replaced him becomes another scumbag. So really it doesn't matter if you have revolutions, political dichotomies, Wall street crooks, born again christians, etc. It all eventually ends up the same way. Therefore the only thing you can live for is an emotion. The emotion of love.

There exists only 2 emotions, fear and love. Hate, anger, joy, ecstasy, etc. are all just different versions of either fear or love. And they exist in all of us.

But fear can not exist where there is love. Fear is like the darkness of a room and love is like a single match that will chase away the uncertitude of the darkness. Needless to say, that I loved/love my wife so much that I have lost all fear of dying; I have no fear of death because I discovered that the minister that married us was wrong. It was not until death do us part, because even now that my wife is gone, I can still sense her near me. And that is a great example of the absolute power of love.

So when you look at all these world leaders, tv commercials, etc. Just remember that all they are doing is using fear to manipulate you to their advantage. But if you love everyone and everything, they loose all power over you. And loving everyone and everything is easy when you understand that we are all born dying.

poukepse and ChasM23 like this.
  2. robohobo8

robohobo8 Member

That was beautiful and i am sorry for your loss. you speak the truth.

3. Plasticfantasticlover

Plasticfantasticlover Member

You really are the voice of truth.
    That was incredibly beautiful.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

but we're still born dying no matter the life we live

Supernovaa likes this.
  5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Dr. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross wrote many a book on this subject - on death and dying.

That was a beautiful statement up there^...I'm just the type that thinks that raven-haired beauty is probably closer to you than you think. jmo - I believe the veil between this side and the other is thin.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Thats absolutely beautiful.

Its so rare to find a lifelong love. Even though she is no longer with you, you are very lucky to have found a love like that.

Supernovaa likes this.
  7. Voice of Truth

Voice of Truth Member

I'm certain that when everyone says that it was beautiful. They are refering to my grammar mistakes. I'm just kidding, I appreciate the kind sentiments and thank all of you for them.

So you might as well live it loving. Love everything and everyone. Walk over to the mirror and say "I love you" to yourself. Love the cat that gave you the finger on the highway, love the little girl in the playground that asks dumb questions, love your abusive father, love all that is hard to love and all that is easy to love.

A very wise woman that died very young once said. "There is no tomorrow because tomorrow never comes. Whenever it is, it's always today." (Janis Joplin)

Fear can not exist where there is love. And where there is love, fear can't creep in.

So whatever it is, even if it makes you so angry that you want to scream. Just love it. Stop and say to yourself, "this really gets under my skin but you know what. Here, take some love." Giving love to something that eats you up is the best way to show love to yourself. And loving yourself is where everything begins.

8. Charmed262

Charmed262 Member

That really is absolutely beautiful. You were very lucky to have found a life long love.

9. nicholaynik

nicholaynik Guest

beautiful.

10. tiger lily

tiger lily Member

I agree with everyone, that was very beautiful. You speak the truth friend.

11. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Thanks for sharing something so personal... and yes, life is a fatal condition.

12. willedwill

willedwill Member

13. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

What an amazing story to share!

I find that after losing my father, I no longer fear death. I'm only 23 years old, but after seeing him face the truth of the matter and know where he was going, I found that all fear of losing my own life diminished. I aspire to be as heroic as he was in his final year of life.

14. LoneDeranger

LoneDeranger Trying to pay attention.

You're fortunate and wise.

15. windy

windy Member

Beautiful

16. danceswithrabbits

danceswithrabbits Member

Beautiful. Especially that last line about loving everybody being easy when you understand we're all born dying. We all SHARE something, have something in common with everybody, without exception.

I do have to disagree on the fear and love thing though. It's far too black and white. Unless of course someone can answer the holes I see in it. For instance.. is sadness/melancholy fear or love? And why?

17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Picture a disco ball with its myriad facets. Imagine each facet a small part of the human condition,including sadness,melancholy,joy,rage,quiescence,hate,love,fear and any and all other emotions-actions-feelings that encompass humankind. All of us have every facet contained within. What manifests at any particular time is ones reaction to life as we see and understand it ,probably more by nurture rather than nature. With the exception of those poor souls with bad wiring.

18. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

OP- very nice post. I can understand your point, and though I would usually advance a bit of criticism, I don't think this is the place.

19. Blissfullyawareofitall

Blissfullyawareofitall Member

Amazingly beautiful! Thank you so much, I agree entirely.

You sound like you're full of so much wisdom old man...
    I'm so sorry for your loss.. But it inspires me so much to see that even death cannot conquer you!

I send my kudos! :2thumbsup:

20. ~xR*Z*Nx~

~xR*Z*Nx~ Member

There can be no loss because I am my self ,,,,,,, I am born alive in death's eye ,,,,,, :)) ,,,, i dont think of fear or love,,,,, i say ,,,, what's death ???

#kK$