Dear my future husband

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by juggafizz, May 22, 2007.

1. juggafizz

juggafizz Member

Dear my future husband,
    Hi, I know i don't know you yet, but there are some things I want you to know. I'm not a girly girl, I have scars all over me from being stupid with friends, and my friends are a little over protective. They are because they've seen me get hurt, and i know you will too eventually, but we'll forgive each other and end up back in each other arms. How do I know this? Because I'm a bitch, stubborn, a little irresponsible, and very immature at times. I want to be free, even when I'm with you, if you let me go, I'll always come back, and if you try to lock me up and keep me from the people I love, I'll run away and never come back. And trust me, I am the furthest thing from normal, I dance my way (which sometimes looks really weird) I love my writing, And no matter how hard you try, I'm always going to be a deadhead and have a natural attraction to the hippie culture. But you will learn to love me for who I am, will all my little problems and my big big heart. You'll have to handle me bringing hurt animals home filled with hope I'm gonna save them and make them better, and your going to have to hold me and wipe away my tears when I find it dead the next morning. I do protest the things I think are wrong, I'm not scared to say what I think, and I'm definatly not scared of you. But I am scared of love, and what it could do to me. So when I pull away like I'm scared of what will happen between the two of us, pull me back and tell me how much you love me and how we will be happy no matter what. Hopefully I find you soon, but not too soon. I don't think I can be trapped just yet by you. And if your out there and your scared of what might happen too, dont worry, I'm here for you.
    Love Always,
    little Cassie Rose

2. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

Try and look a little bit further into the future with your letter, to the point where there will be two, or maybe three young faces in the same room as you and your husband, looking at you for food, clothes, schooling, medicines, affection, entertainment, guidance, presents, vacations, pocket money, and then, go back to your notion of independence, and try and figure out how you will ever find the time to squeeze it in.

3. juggafizz

juggafizz Member

thankyou for that advice, im not as good at writing things like this as i am poetry, or so i have been told.

4. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

You've come to the right place, Juggafizz. You can increase your skills here, mix with other writers, and have a lot of fun.

Some of the most famous characters in the forum can often be found around these parts, and I am sure that if you look around the threads here you will be amazed at some people's creative talent.

There have been some reports of lunatic trolls lurking in the forum, waiting to pounce innocent bystanders with their inane flaming, and jokes that are so bad that they're funny, but they tend to hang around the poetry and vegetarian forums as far as I'm aware. So you're quite safe here.

Anyway, back to you, and my advice for your next writing project is to have a good think about something that you will enjoy writing about. It doesn't have to be anything clever, as long as it's something that you are familiar with and will not, at this stage, be too complicated to describe.

Then, add some poetic language, or even mix in a bit of verse (which you said you like), and see how it goes from there.

From your poetry-influenced style, I recommend that you get a good book by Dylan Thomas and study his writing style. Here's a primary example of how moving his poetry can be:

Not for the proud man apart
    From the raging moon I write
    On these spindrift pages
    Nor for the towering dead
    With their nightingales and psalms
    But for the lovers, their arms
    Round the griefs of the ages
    Who pay no praise or wages
    Nor heed my craft or art.

When I read that, I get goosebumps.

Try and get "Under Milkwood: A Play for Voices" from your local library. You will not regret it.

Good luck.

5. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

Is this a letter you sent to someone?
    I think they would probably be un nerved by it and call the cops. Its quite dark, and probably wouyldnt get published in Readers Digest, where most of the writers here get published. I am much cooler and my work is published in the magazine called Rock Metal kill axe and rave magazine. Also I publish in "Death obssessed weekly" and the Sunday "kill machine"

6. juggafizz

juggafizz Member

nope, i never sent it to anyone, i wrote it for english class, we had to write to someone we knew or wanted to know, so i wrote to whoever decides to steal my heart

7. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

oh and when you told this to the teacher did he/she sort of do a doubletake and then sort of make excuses and leave rather quickly?

Ok if it was me I would have made it less introvert and a bit lighter in tone - I also would have addressed it to someone who stole some of my records. it would have been like this

Dear scumbag
    DIE YOU FUCKIN WOLLOCK OF PISS LOGGED BISON SHIT.
    IF I EVER SEE YOUR FUCKIN HIDEOUS FACE NEAR MY HOUSE AGAIN I WILL RIP IT OFF AND CUT YOUR FUCKIN HANDS OFF. THEN I WILL STUFF THEM UP YOUR MOMS FAT HAIRY ASS! YOU ARE A THEIF AND I WILL OPEN UP YOUR SKULL AND SHIT INTO YOUR BRAIN AFTER CRUCIFYING YOU ON A TREE! I HOPE YOUR FUCKIN HOUSE BURNS DOWN !

see thats the kind of emotion your teacher was probably looking for rather than all that self indulgency

8. juggafizz

juggafizz Member

tyhis teacher has had me for three years now, he's used to my writing

9. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

nothing like surprising someone who has become complacent.

Hmm reminds me of a joke I once heard
    A jury was sitting in the court and it was a particularly hot day. The evidence was long and boring and to one of the jurors it all sounded like a peaceful drone. He nodded off and was pretty much on his way toward full sleep. Meanwhile the prosecution was examining a witness - "and then what did he say to you mrs Jones"?
    she smiled embarrassed and said "oooh I wouldnt like to say I cant bring myself to utter such filth", eventually after a minute or so she was persuaded to write it on some paper - she wrote "I want to fuck your brains out tonight stay around after everyonelse has gone - you fucking sexy beast" first of all the judge read it then passed it to the clerk of the court who handed it to the jury and waited for its return
    Several members of the jury looked at it and quickly passed it on, the woman juror next to the juror who was sleeping nudged him and he woke up startled by the nudge and realised he had been fully asleep. He took the paper, examined it, looked at the woman juror, looked at the paper again and put it in his pocket