DC, Bmore, Philly, Camden, Newark, NewYork thread.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AceK, Apr 26, 2013.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

DC, Baltimore, Philly, Camden, Newark, NYC, Boston

Been too all except Camden, Newark, Boston.

Opinions, experiences, compare/contrast? Which would you pick to live.

;-)

2. deviate

deviate Senior Member

None, I grew up in the dc area and miss it to a point but not enough to move back. Spent a lot of time in bmore. NYC is cool but I wouldn't want to live there either.

I'm a beach bum and love hot weather.

3. AceK

living in bmore now, bout to move to NYC soon for a job. Bmore is cool, but nyc is cooler, and less dangerous. I love NewYork

4. acuarela

acuarela Member

I've only been to Camden to go to the Aquarium.
    I work in Philly.
    I've spent months in NYC
    I've only been to Newark's airport
    I've only been through DC
    I've never been to Boston or Baltimore.

I could compare Philly and NYC. I love New York City, culture wise. The museums, the shows, there's always something going on for everyone. For a person like me who doesn't drive is the perfect place because the transportation system actually works. Philly is a lot meaner than any other US city I've lived, is dirty, but people are hilarious. There's not as much to do, but there's plenty. I guess it's a different experience, when I was in NYC, I was there because I needed to get away from home and think what I wanted to do with myself and I had a lot of money to spend, with no responsibilities and all the free time in the world. I don't have that here, my main complain with Philly is that the transportation system sucks so much.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

NYC... only been there a few times and if I had money (meaning a lot of money) I wouldn't mind living there but even Brooklyn is too expensive now... Boston- never been.

However, I live 45 mins. from Baltimore and have hung out a lot in Bmore, DC and Philly thru the years... Baltimore I have been robbed and had had cars broken into so many times and just, Bmore is kinda scuzzy (no offense I know you live there... plus certain things in bmore I'm staying away from that are everywhere)....DC, ehhh much the same really.

Camden.... too poor, too much crime... only been to concerts there really but not where I'd want my two year old to grow up...

However, Philly... I love Philly and I'd love to move there sometime. It seems to ME a much nicer city than Bmore... I just really like Philly. Hard to explain exactly why and I know there are bad spots in Philly but not like, all over the damn city like Bmore. However, kinda similar to NYC, how the places there I'd really want to live (or want my two year old to live) you gotta have money... but still...

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Been to DC lots of times as I had relatives there. In the 50's and 60's it was great as you could climb all over all the monuments and run up and down the capitol steps and all that stuff. Very little traffic, just pull up to the Lincoln Memorial and hop out.
    Used to visit all the museums right up to the 80's.

Streets are too narrow in Philly.

Hate anything in Jersey until you get into the country, of which there isn't a whole lot.

Went to NYC once during the Christmas season. Big mistake. You literally could not walk on the sidewalks, had to push your way onto them when crossing a street. Almost lost a son in the Trump building. He got pushed onto an escalator and I couldn't get to him.
    I don't think I'll ever go back there.

Was in Boston once. Didn't like the drivers as they kept passing me on the berm going into town.

7. AceK

uh, yep, I've had to pull a switchblade out on the same dude twice the same night cuz he tried to sell me an empty wrap...I told him I aint a punk ass white boy im too smart to get scammed like that, but DC much nicer than bmore

8. deviate

deviate Senior Member

DC is better if you stay out of certain neighborhoods. The problem with baltimore is you can be on a nice street but it's all fucked up a block or two away.

9. AceK

walkin' on the wrong street, dat aint wat u wanna do lol, don't get lost, don't miss ur stop

I don't know what to call the hood, my block is nice, but some would call that the hood, cuz a few blocks up its sketchy as hell, a few blocks the other way, its beautiful..there's certainly different levels of ghetto, but a large percentage of Baltimore is definitely hood

lafeyette courts projects implosion in 1995, now they just need to do mccollough homes...watch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1FPjiMreTg"]Lafayette Court Implosion - Baltimore, MD - YouTube

10. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Philly born and raised

11. AceK

I do think I kno what u mean ;-)

12. My names Cory

My names Cory Senior Member

Well, let's see..

i've been to philly countless times, boston a few, DC once, baltimore a few, and reside in nyc currently.

Boston - For the most part a pretty clean city. Lots of college students. I've always liked the vibe of Boston. Chestnut park! llol I'm hoping to go back soon!

Philly - My family lives about 1 hour from Philly..so I would always adventure there quite often. I really enjoy center city especially! Old City, rittenhouse square, avenue of the arts, south street, northern liberties.. are just a few of some awesome neighborhoods! Philly does have some pretty rough area's once you venture out of center city...so be careful. It gets pretty sketchy around Temple University but it's not to bad.

NYC - Probably my favorite city I have spent time in. I really love the energy and pace of the city...allows me to always be on the go lol. There's so much culture everyone...i've met some very interesting people thus far. Could see myself living here for quite sometime after college hopefully. There are just so many things to see/visit... Brooklyn is awesome as well! Lots of people are moving there now..

Baltimore - Haven't spent much time in baltimore..only in/around the inner harbor which is a nice area. Went to epsn zone, the aquarium, and other things..I feel baltimore is rather "ghetto" once you get out of the harbor tho..Overall, I would say Baltimore is a decent city.. not my fav.

DC - Only been there once on a field trip in high school... can't really say i've spent enough time there yet to comment ha..

13. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

;)

yea if someone says that about bmore it kinda goes w.out saying imo.

14. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I've never been to any of them. The farthest north I've been is Kentucky. lol