david crosby and graham nash in new brunswick

Discussion in 'Gig List' started by theamazing1, Oct 13, 2008.

1. theamazing1

theamazing1 Member

I just went to see them...here's a quick review:

By the way, their tour is still going. Check out their sites for info...

Let me just say, David Crosby did make a great point to start the night out, as he and Nash came out arguing (in a friendly manner) on stage:

"I was just saying...shouldnt you only be allowed to control nuclear wepaons if you can pronounce the word 'nuclear'?"

True that. Sarah Palin is just as bad as Bush with that word.

Anyways, they opened with Graham Nash jumping right into "I used to be a king." Excellent opener, and through the night, more "Songs for Beginners" tunes were played, including "military madness."

Crosby's hits also faired greatly, from the heart-and-soul performance of "Gueniverre" to "Almost Cut my hair."

For me, the best tune of the night (besides military madness, just too excellent) was one I'd never heard before called "In your name" which was played acousticly by Graham. Listen too it if you've never heard it.

"Our House" and "Wind on the Water" were played back to back with an intermission between them. Two very different songs, one with deep, deep meaning and the other, well, Nash summed it up well:

"If I had known it would become that big a hit, I wouldve wrote a better song."

David Crosby's son lead the backing band, an excellent group that seemed very close and was among the best backing bands I have seen with such legends as Crosby and Nash. He played the opening to the song "Grace" which was just great.

The performance of "Deja Vu" lasted over eight minutes. Lemme say that they rocked that one out.

"Wooden Ships" was the closer, of course followed by encores of "Almost cut my hair" and "Teach your children."

Overall, the best Monday night in years for me. Boy do those guys know how to entertain.

2. darthkacie

darthkacie crazy diamond

sounds like a good time.
    :]

I'm planning on seeing whatever formation of CSNY that comes to Denver next for my first-ever non-classical concert.

Glad to hear these guys are still rockin'.