David Bowie - Heroes

Discussion in 'Electronic and Experimental Music' started by SonicYouthFan, Mar 14, 2008.

1. SonicYouthFan

SonicYouthFan Member

Even though David is not an experimental artist 100% this album is prolly his best from his German Electronic phase where he could get rather experimental this is a fantastic one that isnt seen much for what it really is. Alot of people see the title song and dont see all the other great material it has to offer. It has a very cool late night feel but it also has some brighter moments. The opening track Beauty and The Beast has a great build and sustains it all through. The sci-fi neon keyboards makes sounds that step into the future. For 78 it still sounds very very fresh. This album also has some great rythym sections bringing polyrythyms into the mix and some great bass licks.

2. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

I havent heard the original, but I've heard Aphex Twin's remix of it, which was pretty good.

I might look the original up on youtube actually.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

One of my favorite Bowie albums. Eno's production makes the album what it is.

4. SonicYouthFan

SonicYouthFan Member

I was thinking of getting Low next by him. His berlin phase is by far my favorite era of his. Speaking of Eno i only have Another Green World! I need to get so much more by him the more i hear the more i just love that guy he is such an understated artist.

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Low is very good, too, especially the instrumental pieces like 'Warszawa'. Of course this album was produced by Eno as well.

As far as Eno's albums, you might want to look into getting Before and After Science. This is probably my favorite from him, as it perfectly melds his earlier, more poppy work, with his later, more ambient work. Pretty much every album Eno recorded in the 70s -- both ambient and non-ambient -- is worth checking out. His first two albums are perhaps the two most ingenius experimental pop masterpieces ever recorded and are very much accessible.