daughter of an interrogator and a poor me (celestine prophesy, ps, what are you...)

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by nimh, Jun 16, 2006.

1. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

my mom's the biggest 'poor me' that i've ever met in my life. i cant imagine anyone else doing 'poor me' better than her. confront her on it, and she 'poor me''s even more. she doesnt know any other coping mechanism, even when she's given abundant amounts of energy and validation.

and the dad. well...he's always been an intimidator, didnt know how to interact with children unless he was belittling, hitting or yelling at them. ever. i dont have a single pleasant memory of my dad. now noone will really have anything to do with him, so he's stopped. i still dont like him, but he's tolerable, sort of.

i dont 'do' poor me. i think it's pathetic really. but i have to work really hard on not being the intimidator. i'd never hit, but i have to be careful about my low blood sugars or else i end up yelling. ::sigh:: i dont want to make pple afraid of me. i used to do aloof all the time when i was a kid, but i'm not like that anymore, especially not after reading the celestine prophecy and realizing that i was missing out on a lot by being aloof.

i find myself doing interrogator to the ex~his mom's a massive interrogator, and he's an aloof. he pulls that kind of response from pple instinctively, and i have a hard time maintaining an awareness of what he's doing well enough to keep him from sucking my energy from me with his total lack of engagement.

here's a link in case you have no idea of what i'm talking about: http://www.geocities.com/athens/delphi/2911/controldr.html

what's your control drama history, and how have you dealt with it, and where are you at now?

oh and you can comment on what i've said too, if you feel that you'd like to. :)

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

My mom's a "poor me" sort of thing, too. It is SO annoying, sometimes I want to give her a good reality smack and ask her who's the child, me or her? She dwells on the past, constantly feels sorry for herself, continuously whines about everything. Our family is in horrible financial state, but of course, she blames my brother, me, and my father for it. She could work, but she won't because she "has a medical problem." She uses her irritable bowel syndrome as a crutch. Not to mention she constantly tells us how hard it is to keep the house clean. Give me a break! My brother and I do most of the cleaning when we're home while she sits on her rump and watches soap operas. Bah. Sorry, I just really resent my mom.

3. Charise

Charise Naked to the Cosmos

Hell, everybody today has irritable bowel sydrome, including me! If everybody with irritable bowel syndrome quit working, the whole economy would fall apart! My mother has always complained about how 'mistreated' she is by my father-the reality is that she gravitates toward men that mistreat her, and wouldn't know what to do with a man that didn't! Yea, my family has 'medical problems', too-they're all certifiably insane! Which is exactly the reason I'm glad I haven't spoken to them in years.