Darvocet

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Velouria, May 16, 2004.

1. Velouria

Velouria Member

First of all, I wanna say thanks Skip (if you happen to read this) for putting the categories back up.

Anyway, does anyone here have an experience with Darvocet? My mom has a prescription so I have easy access and I have taken them a few times. At first I would get a euphoric buzz, but then I didn't take any for a long time and I did it again a few days ago and nothing really happened except for I went to sleep. I have no tolerance since I never really take pills. I was just wondering if anyone is able to get a decent buzz off of Darvocets. I heard they aren't that great, but a few people really seem to like them.

2. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i took two once, and it didn't do much of anything. one of my friends told me that he had a good time on them once. can't remember how many he took. guess i'm not much help. later.

3. Codone Consumer

Codone Consumer Member

Nah you cant use them recreationally,:(

4. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You can get a little bit of recreational use out of these, but VERY LITTLE. They are designed to be a mild pain reliver with out the 'annoying side affect of getting users high'

5. 0piate

0piate Member

it takes bout 6 for me, so it's not worth it imho

6. daymuse

daymuse Member

As with any prescription drug...The rule of thumb here is to blow, not swallow.

7. StonyTheStoner

StonyTheStoner Member

Drink with Darvocet, its about the only way to make anything happen, It kinda helps the effects of getting drunk and its kinda kewl, taking them straight without anything else is pointless, they will put you to sleep, but if you want to try them, drink.
    If you don't drink with them they won't do jack...

8. babynug

babynug Member

i took 3 darvocet n-100 and got a VERY slight buzz, if anything. but made me really sick and i threw up. i don't think they are worth much for a buzz. imo

9. madboy139

madboy139 Member

you're a fucking idiot daymuse. i would explain but im really drunk. thats all i have to say. you're a fucking idiot.

10. ihzui

ihzui Member

I tried seven Darvo with some Hot Damn once. That did me in alright. ^^;

11. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Nah. It isn't good for Buzz or for pain. In years past, and in the geriatric community, it is responsible for a LOT of ODs, at one time more ODs than any other pharm. Reason? It is so damn weak, even people taking it for theraputic reasons usually take too much trying to get rid or even moderate pain. It has been proven to be no more effective on pain than plain aspirin, but has two really bad things about it:It effects your respiratory system just as much as a stronger opiate, the majority of ODs on this drug are due to respiratory shut down. Also, Darvocet contains acetomenaphen. BAD for your liver in quantities more than a theraputic dose (usually 1-2 pills every 4 hours.)

12. bluegill

bluegill Member

fuck darvocets...tell your mom to get some loracets....those kick ass....

13. psychoactive321

psychoactive321 Member

man i took 4 100's and i barely felt a buzz. but it did probably put a few new holes in my liver considering the 650 apap in each tab man. there not worth it.

Opiates are the way to go

14. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Propoxephene can cause seizures in theraputic doses, but much higher chance of seizure when taken in excess, or with other drugs that lower seizure threshold, such as Adderall, Wellbutrin, Zyban, Caffiene, and many others.

15. surffl21

surffl21 Member

Darvs dont do shit for me

16. girlwoo

girlwoo Member

the darvocets i've had contain plenty of tylenol so i wouldn't advise drinking while on them. as you know, very bad for your liver. look into it and make sure yours don't contain tylenol too before you mix with alcohol. :) be safe, Leslie

17. PhotoGra1

ALL Darvocet contains acetominophen. Darvocet N-100 contains 650mg per tablet, Darvocet N-50 contains 325mg.

Darvon is Darvocet without the acetaminophen, but I still wouldn't drink on it.

18. lostblackdog

lostblackdog Member

Man, my dad gave me 4 of the 650 mg Darvocets that came by the chemical name... I forget how to spell it exactly, but I drank about a half bottle of Whaler's on top of it and not only was I drunk... I was like in a state of bliss. That music video to the song "Butterfly"... I forget the band... I actually really hate that song, but it came on TV and it was awesome... I can't really describe the experience, but I felt like I was there in the jungle with them and everything around me was good. I only took 2 of the Darvs with the rum, but considering they were scripted for a 280lb 6'5" man for his bad back. Plus he's a minister and the doctor he sees is known for hookin people up who he knows... especially people in my dad's church. I think he could have done better, but dad saw the chiropractor and everything got better for him, so the spoils were given to me to help with my bad knee. I used to smoke pot for it, but then i kinda ran into the law with that, so right now it's basically been something i've had to deal with. I definitely had no troubles with that fucker that one night!

19. PhotoGra1

Have you gone to a doctor?

20. lostblackdog

lostblackdog Member

Fuck doctors man.... I'm more of a metaphysical person and i heal better and faster through metaphysical means. If you're a fan of Popper or the modern approach to physics, then I doubt metaphysics is really even an interest or even remotely considered something you would attempt to use as a method of healing or treatment. And yes.... I did go to the doctor and they told me I had arthritis at the tender age of 20. Somehow, I think it's the fact that I probably still have pieces of wood, nails, and glass in my knee from when I worked in the flooring business specializing in restoring antique hardwood floors. I'm almost positive I don't have arthritis, just a lot of scar tissue and random shit in there. They also told me I had stomach ulcers and I should quit drinking coke and alcohol. According to another doctor I had no ulcers and I was fine... Turns out i'm still alive and drinking coke and plenty of alcohol too! Fuck doctors... I don't need 'em.