dark star ( the song ) question.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dark Star, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

hey. i found this song quite some time ago but never acually knew which show it was from. like what location and date. I have bought many of thier live cd's with it on it, looking for it, but never found it. Anyways. The version im talking about is 23 mins long. Or estimated. With the begining starting out with very long bass chordes. I cant really explain it other than that because other than those two facts, every version has the same descriptions. but the other ones just dont sound as clean of a set. Also, jerry's voice sounds EXTRA crisp too so im thinking it was between his young and old days hahaha. Any help would be great, thanks.

2. Rhythmdevil

Rhythmdevil Member

The only version of Dark Star I have at about 21 min. is from a bootleg from 1969, so the quality isn't very good. Sorry, but I'll update you if I can. If you wanna check this one out though, it's downloadable at www.gdlive.com Go to the Grateful Dead mp3's and I think it's the Filmore West, San Francisco CA in 1969. I can't remember the exact date, but that should help a bit. Good luck.

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

what are the "gazintas" if any?

4. goldmund

goldmund Member

5. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

man...i think its impossible to find this version..ah well. btw its 23:07mins and its in excellent quallity compared to the versions ive been hearing on those sites. ill keep searching, but if yall find it, please let me know. also you can download it on Ares or Kazaa/Lite by searching for Grateful Dead - Dark Star and downloading the one thats 23:07 mins lol thanks. peace.

6. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.