dandruff

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by dreadlochness, Jul 19, 2007.

1. dreadlochness

dreadlochness is a warrior.

hi all, i know this must have been posted someplace else but for some reason, the forum's search function isn't working for me right now to look it up, so i'll ask anyways.

i have had my dreads a little over two weeks and i'm starting to get some pretty heinous dandruff. what are the best ways to keep myself dandruff free and/or to get it out of my lucious locks?

-k.

2. hamish...

hamish... Member

wash them? make sure u give your scalp a god wash that always helps. i clean my scalp with sea salt, cider vinegar, pure lemon, bakin soda and tea tree oil mixed in warm water. it works wonderes for your head and dreads. just make sure to rinse it out.

3. dreadlochness

i've been washing them around every 4 days and i did it today and really gave my scalp a good scrub but i think that just made it worse, like it shook up the dandruff clinging to my scalp and dispersed it into my hair. i have always had a scalp prone to dandruff but i feel like it's worse since putting in my dreads. do you have a recipe for that mixture you're talking about?

4. DJMach!n3

DJMach!n3 Member

This is what Soaring Eagle told me. Wash your hair with the Tea tree shampoo. From what I understand the tea tree oil in the shampoo helps the itchies tremedously. Eagle also told me to rinse my hair with sea salt water then rinse THAT out. The Sea salt will dry out your hair, and your scalp. Sucks because you dont want your scalp dried out, just the hair. Thats why your getting dandruff more. If you get the itchies rub some 100% Aloe Vera on the spot/spots. Works for me.

5. sped

sped Member

Is it that gunky dandruff shit? I get that, I dunno how to get rd of it, when I use the concoction (in hamish's post) it goes away for a little whil, but comes back soon after...

6. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

if its the gunky shit, i totaly know what you mean. i ususally get it about a week after washing my dreads. the deep cleaning concoction kept it at bay for almost a month so that was nice, it works really well and leaves your hair with an amazingly clean feeling, i didnt think my hair would ever be that clean again lol.
    i actually havnt washed my hair for at least a month maybe two, i just swim in the ocean at every oppportunity and havnt had gunky shit and only very mild dandruff since its been warm enough to swim.

7. RightBrigade

RightBrigade Member

is there a good way to get rid of all the little dandruff flakes. my dreads are looking good thus far except for the white speckles.

8. kattoo13

kattoo13 Member

9. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

just wash the skin of your head ...with anti-dandruff shampoo.

10. dreadlochness

i actually found i wasn't diluting the bronner's enough. once i started diluting a lot, it cut the dandruff right out. hooray!

ps. greengirl, i love your teeny tiny dreads.