dancing with strangers..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by broony, Aug 4, 2013.

1. broony

broony Banned

it can be a lot of fun. if this has happened to you, you wouldn't ever touch the person.. but maybe you walkin down the street and music is playig and you jump in for 10 seconds and just have a good time... then continue on your walk..

dancing in public is fun as you can do things, have talks, and never touch anyone.

i don't think you can enjoy this experience unless you have a love for music to start with... and just not giving a shit what others think,,, cause you most likely will be jumping in, danceing alone..

yeah.... :ssmokeit:

:afro:

2. Oh,yes, same page or what. I love it! It fucking makes my whole day if I come upon anything musical in the street and there is a wee bit of audience participation. OK sometimes it's just me doing the participating :D
    By the way broony, you've just brightened up my whole day by posting this, thanks!!! :seeya:

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

4. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

This is why I miss living in South Florida. In downtown Hollywood, there was always stuff going on on Hollywood Boulevard on the weekend, with some bands playing at the local bars and artists playing music in front of cafes and such. I always saw people walking around and dancing. It was nice.

It's so expensive but I'd honestly like to move back there one day. I didn't like Miami, and Palm Bay (Central Fl) is alright but I am homesick for Hollywood. I lived there for 19 years.

5. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Nah plus I cant dance

6. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec3HX6TJvQs"]Cyndi Lauper - Dancing With A Stranger - YouTube

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You don't have to. Just move (sort of) to the rhythm :2thumbsup:

8. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

I have been to "da club" like twice in my 12 years of being an adult, and I must say that it is a filthy, unfufilling experience. ugly stank drunk skanks that expect you to be grindin on them and all that it is so gross..

i'd "partyboy" on a stranger on a street corner for five seconds and run away for shits and giggles though.

9. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I think I dance with strangers more often than I dance with people I actually know...

I haven't been to a club in years though. It's not really my scene.

10. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

I love dancing.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there are no non-strangers. only persons who's company has become familiar.

12. *MAMA*

Me too. :sunny:

Always, Willy :)

13. broony

broony Banned

i want to dance. now, right now.

14. *MAMA*

<~~~ already dancin'

15. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

The extent of my "dancing" amounts to little more than nodding my head to the beat/rhythm.

16. broony

broony Banned

yeah but when their a bunch of girls there that clearly out number the men, which seems to be rare at any party, get in there and dance. some of them girls you might not be interested in, but they know people, who know people, who have friends. :afro:

17. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I've never been a fan of parties, but when I do go to parties, I prefer to just sit in the corner and smoke blunts:sifone:

18. broony

broony Banned

hit the blunt, take this, lay back and drink this..

dance to this..

:)

19. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Sounds terribly boring to me. Just go to a club or bar or whatever and dance a bit longer than just 10 seconds.

20. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

There is nothing that brings out spontaneity in people more than music does. You can go by some place playing music and if you watch people there is an often unconscious movement to music be it a outright lift in their step to a subtle nod or such to the beat.

I love music and often just tend to move about when I hear it. Does not matter where it is. Sometimes makes for a strange look from some but more often it brings a smile from most.

21. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

No no no...,any small town any big city that is just weird. Its ok with neighbors maybe,