Dancesafe?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by xaosflux, Aug 3, 2013.

1. xaosflux

xaosflux Sysop Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Has anyone on here been involved with the Dancesafe groups before? I like their concepts, but they seem to have a very limited reach.

2. noodist_jen

noodist_jen Member

We can dance if you want to. We can leave your friends behind. We can act like we come from out of this world, and leave the real one far behind.

3. xaosflux

Well, not quite what I was looking for..cause your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, then they ain't no friends of mine!

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I have not been directly involved with Dancesafe but I have practiced what they preach insofar as informing myself (and others) ahead of time on drugs I (we) intend to ingest, utilizing testing kits, and being aware of certain health/risk factors to take into account while dancing for extended periods of time, under certain conditions, particularly while on drugs.

Dancesafe has essentially been banned from raves as the liability and stricter laws enforced upon promoters and such at raves has increased over the past decade, so I don't think they are as prominent as they were in the early 2000's when they had pill testing booths set up frequently at raves.

5. xaosflux

Harm reduction seems to be on an upswing again, but with out providing on-site testing anymore. Some of the latest booth pictures have information, earplugs, condoms, water, shady areas..has to be a good start to at least get a foot back in the door?

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

We could really use test booths now. Especially with all the RC's in the scene.

7. ^Agreed about the rc comment.

I used to volunteer with dancesafe, but I thought they got shut down... at least they did around here... but I'm sure there are other places like it. for all I know dancesafe came back... ive been out of the scene for a while ..

8. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

Same. I was actually thinking about giving away kits on festivals.
    And I'm looking for a way into festivals for free.
    Im gonna find a way to do both!!
    Also
    I would like to sell HUG-a-SPEAKER sets.
    Its basically hearing protection. So the MDMA junkies can go up there and hug the speakers! (feels amazing)
    I would also sell glow sticks, and uv reagent paint.. awww yeah!
    everything that is E culture.
    and scream: test your dope here!!
    With a big smile!! wearing sunglasses!

what a dream!!

BTW... American terrorist LOL ... what a name. Posting with a name like without encryption screams arrest me arrest me.. Dont flip out... The pigs are waiting for that moment of weakness! taping your phones and all that shit.

9. unfocusedanakin

^
    EDM does not really have much of a "lot" scene. But if you went to a jam show you would easily be able to do that.

10. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

that post was for me?
    JAM show? can you describe a JAM show... Im in EU. as far as i know.. we only got warehouse raves and shitty indie music.

11. unfocusedanakin

Jam is a term for bands like Grateful Dead or Phish. They play their songs but they improvise and each time it is different. Similar to jazz the guys in the band feed off each other.

People make things and sell them before the shows and this is how they make money to go to the next show. Cloths, food, drugs, anything you want you can find. We call it the lot because usually this is done in the parking lot of the venue.

12. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

I got it.
    We got no such thing here. shame.
    But the rave scene is alive.
    What Im thinking now is : psytrance parties. In forests/warehouses. That scene is bloomin.