Damn Government

Discussion in 'Protest' started by taelyra, Apr 18, 2007.

1. taelyra

taelyra Member

Damn government, runs your life, tells you what to do. First with marijuana, now with fucking light bulbs. Banning the old light bulbs that seniors and low income can afford and force you to buy the expensive energy saving bulbs.

We are not free and never will be until there are no more governments.

Lets get rid of government.

2. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Actually, the energy saving bulbs pay for themselves in a few months and will save money in the long run. But I agree, it's a rediculous rule that's a waste of legislation...if legislation has a value to begin with.

3. NickWhat

NickWhat Member

They save energy. If every house used these light bulbs, power plants would work less harder. Global Warming is a threat that is worse than out government.

4. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Hmmm... another reason tomove to Canada. I already have only compact flourescents. And about 20 spares. Bought them online at $9/dozen.

5. taelyra

taelyra Member

Yes, I know they save energy, but what happened to freedom of choice. The government is sticking it's nose into too many places, not just light bulbs, look at smoking, and everything else. It's our right to have choices, not for someone to take that right away from us.

Also, what's wrong with making the bulbs more affordable.

6. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

What happened to free market principles. Why should light bulb purchases be legislated? Someone is making a fortune on these bulbs that have been out for years and haven't gained popularity. Probably someone to who Bush owed a debt, or family members who hold the majority of the stock in the company.

I personally don't care for them. They take a while to warm up and provide the maximum output listed on the package. You have to sit there with the book on your lap for five minutes before you can read.

7. NickWhat

NickWhat Member

Do you understand that 3/4 of the energy used by incondescent light bulbs is wasted? They are highly ineffficient, and waste energy.

You don't have a choice when it comes to saving our planet from further destruction cause by global warming, sorry.

8. Rue Takedo

Rue Takedo Member

While I agree that the government has overstepped the line with that particular bit of bureaucracy, the energy-saving lightbulbs are useful and do help with our overconsumption of electricity. 10% of the world should not be using 25% of the world's resources.

Instead of "let's get rid of the government", why don't you get off your ass and change it? Stage a rally, a protest, a letter-writing campaign. Find out who voted for this nonsense and write to them. Tell everyone you know; raise consciousness about the issues.

Sitting around on a computer and bitching solves nothing. Quit being a pseudo-revolutionary.

9. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

They are pretty cheap where I am. Any hardware store around here will sell them for about 99 cents. ironically, walmart sells them for triple (or more) the price. just go to your local hardware store.

and yes, like someone else said, after a few months they pay for themselves.

so take a chill pill, don't lets the lightbulbs drive you over the edge...

10. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

The Canadian Lighting Revolt of 2007. History will not be kind. But hey, let there be light...