Da Vinci Code

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by Feawen, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Feawen

Feawen Member

Have many people read this? Its look into the supression of paganism by the catholic church is an eye-opener... If it's accurate anyway.

I don't want to presume anything by typing synopsis etc, I'd probably ruin it for people... But what did ye think?

2. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Merry Meet Feawen. I have not read that one yet but I am currently reading a similiar novel about the Knights Templar which is along the lines of the Da Vinci Code. It is facinating. =)

3. juicy_redgirl

juicy_redgirl Daphney

I have read it but I didn't like it much. I think I would have liked it more if it hadn't been built up to be this amazing book.

4. Feawen

Feawen Member

I've been wanting to get Rule By Secrecy for a long time, as it's about covert(if that's the word) organisations such as knights templar even before I became involved with wicca etc, due to broken sword!... But now I'd like to read it more than ever.

I read the Da Vinci code in two days. I'm usually slow to begin, not knowing whether I'll like it, but I got into it straight away, and flew through it! It gives history that I wasn't aware of to paganism and christian church. Mad stuff.

I didn't really know about it. Just my friend said "You'd like this" and I had introduced her to some books, so when travelling I decided to take up on it. Ah.. I'm easily entertained I guess.

5. atropine

atropine Member

the davinci code isnt accurate at all.. but does bring up many good things about how christians acted to pagans..

6. Pharoah

Pharoah Member

I think it made lots of good points and I really liked it.

7. Mesektet

Mesektet Member

Its a nice adventure based historical fiction. Pretty much the same thing as what ol' Indiana Jones was doing, along with an Alex Jones-conspiracy nutjob twist. but then again, I guess what the collective western reading public needs is adventure, seeing how this routine book blew up in popularity.

8. pagansrule!

pagansrule! Member

I read and let me tell you I LOVED IT! My best friend is a pagan and I to a large extent have embraced Pagan concepts. DVC only reinforced these changes