Custom wire wraps anyone?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by nattywraps, Jan 27, 2005.

1. nattywraps

nattywraps Member

Hey,

I figured I'd send this offer out to you guys. If anyone would be interested in a custom wire wrap piece like the others I do, I'll cut you a really good deal if you mention hip forums.

If you havent seen my work click here

Just figure'd I'd offer.

nowgolovenature peace,

Isaac

2. HighBlueSkies

HighBlueSkies Member

Can you make a wrap that looks like a pot leaf with some sort of manly stone in the middle? I would like to buy one to put on a hemp necklace for my boyfriend. I think the metal and hemp would look neat together.

3. nattywraps

nattywraps Member

Yeah I could do that. I string the wraps I wear on thick hemp myself and they look quite nice. As far a stones go, I have a few nice green ones which I could put in it.

What kinda price range are you able to do? I can budget the piece for you so that it's affordable and nice.

I'm getting a big order of wire in the mail tomorrow so I'll be ready to go.

4. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I have a few stones I'd like to be made into a wrap. CAn you give me more details of how you would do it and how much you charge?

5. nattywraps

nattywraps Member

heady: well, I just did somehting similar. I had someone mail me a stone they wante din the wrap and I did the wrap and then they paid me and I mailed it out.

As far as the cost, if you are providing the stones (by the way what are they?) then the cost is determined by how big and also how intricate you'd like it. If you'd like me to trow some stones I have in as well, I can do that too. My pricing system is by no means exact but I try to be as fair as possible.

What kind of work are you interested in? You can use the wraps on my page as reference or just kinda describe hwat you want.

The last custom piece I did was explained like this (before I started) by the person who had me do it:

"I would like it to be on the larger side and very symmetrical and I'd like some nice forrest greens in it as well as a ruby because that's my birthstone"

and it turned out very well (it's the $150 piece down towards the bottom of my page)

Let me know what you want and I can work it out for sure :)

6. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

man that sounds cool. i want one :rolleyes:

7. nattywraps

nattywraps Member

Well, I have just enough wire to make one that size and while I don't have any more peridots (the green stone) I do have a faceted silver topaz which is very sparkly. Here's a pic: click

I have one left of those two and i think it would sub for a peridot quite nicely.

I could do it for the same price that the other one went for.

Let me know if you'd like me to go ahead and do it.

golovenature peace,
    Isaac

8. GlassGuru

GlassGuru Member

Fellow wire wrap artist here. I highly recommend Isaac's work! I do some different type of wire work. Isaac... your work makes me drool... awesome work! Remember... advertising is half the battle.

Matthew

9. nattywraps

nattywraps Member

Damn right it is :)

Hey I dont know if you caught this in your other post but I was wondering if maybe you would like to do a combo piece some time. I've wanted to wrap dichro for a while now and your work is killer. Something to think about, anyway and thanks for your compliments. I really like your work too

10. GlassGuru

GlassGuru Member

I can sell you a few dichroic glass pieces. Just tell me what colors your seeking. You can order them off my site... no minimum. Bails are optional. What do you mean by "combo" piece?

Matthew

11. Fooja

Fooja Member

O wow! Your work is breath-taking. I really love it, keep up the good work.

When I finish using all my money and stuff for a few things i must use (a DVD or two and a hotel reservation for June [Project: A-Kon 16], I will seriously think about buying from you.

12. HighBlueSkies

HighBlueSkies Member

Well, I suppose it would depend on how big the wrap is? Does $30 sound unreasonable for just the pendant? I can make the hemp necklace myself.

13. greengoddess

greengoddess Nature Freak!

Just wondering... I love faries can you create one with a farie on it?