curious grower

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by bender2000, Dec 7, 2010.

1. bender2000

bender2000 Guest

Hey everyone
    I have a couple questions,
    1) at what point (size/age) should i be putting my plants to a 12/12 cycle?
    2) is there a way to tell the sex before the 12/12 light cycle? and if not when they pre flower in the beginning of the 12/12 cycle what is the tell tale signs of males/ females? I heard white hairs for females and balls for boys. Does anyone have a picture of what each might look like?
    3) I have gnats in my grow room. whats the best way to get rid of them? and do they hurt the plants?

thanks
    and does anyone have an opinion about florescent plant/aquarium tubes. Are they better or worse then just a regular florescent tube?

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

1) at what point (size/age) should i be putting my plants to a 12/12 cycle? after a single month should be fine enough..
    2) is there a way to tell the sex before the 12/12 light cycle? and if not when they pre flower in the beginning of the 12/12 cycle what is the tell tale signs of males/ females? I heard white hairs for females and balls for boys. Does anyone have a picture of what each might look like?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    3) I have gnats in my grow room. whats the best way to get rid of them? and do they hurt the plants?you probably have fungus gnats. white flys.. they are easily killed with non toxic insecticide on the soil.. < you will not need much -

or spray the soil with some (home garden spray) this is the cheapest route /..in the grocery store bug killer section..

florescent tube? , clf lamps, or invest in halide and Hps lighting< the most efficient is metal halide and HPS...

3. bender2000

bender2000 Guest

THANKS super helpful

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

youre welcome..