Curiosity (Mars Rover) I found this a bit scary

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Aug 4, 2012.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this is without a doubt the least scary hipforums thread about curiosity.

Irminsul and newbie-one like this.
  2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

...or a probe for that matter

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, dont know what I was thinking, maybe someone slipped me a roofie earlier that night or sumfin

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's OK. Once upon a time I thought clearly too and loved science. :p then I watched a doco of a scientist who wanted to build a time machine to go back in time to save his father... And then I disconnected. Most selfish shit I ever seen.

5. onceburned

onceburned Banned

you cant go back, you would mess up the time line. no telling what damage you would do.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, and that's when I gave up because he was so adament that he was going to bring back his dad that he basically forfeited everything else in life for that one selfish deed. Don't go back and help millions of people or anything no waste all that technology on your dad....

That was it for me. I was just getting frustrated listening to this guy hey. Lol. He wanted to meet an alien species who could give him the technology. That was his one hope in the world. After that I signed off the whole science thing, I just wasn't interested anymore after watching and listening to that. I realised it's all very selfish, we don't even know the depths of our own oceans but this guy was spending billions developing equipment to hone in on alien signals and shit... Nah. Not for me.

You use your science skills to help mankind, not hope for an alien signal to come calling so they can gift you a time machine. Bloody hopeless I tell ya.

7. He was an idiot. Your kind can't understand what it's like to be an idiot. You have no appreciation for that kind of stupidity. Fuck you.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this may make for fine twitoid mainstream drama llama, but has nothing to do with science, or even with any real better quality of science fiction.

now self driving cars, anyplace other then dedicated rights of way on which there were nothing other then other self driving cars, in a crowded city on earth, where there's no logical reason for there to be cars at all instead of public transportation, now that's scarry. the scarry part being what in the hell are people thinking that they can't even imagine a transportation policy that doesn't worship the damd things.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah well..
    Time machines bro.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

time machines lol.
    crisp-r would be more fun, and that we have.
    (fursonally i'd be more interested in ftl and aunti-gravity myself anyway)

self driving cars existed before there even were cars, well self steering anyway. they're called trains.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Don't laugh at me man, this came straight out of a scientists mouth and aired on the history channel.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

right! and of course i would absolutely never laugh at "the history channel".

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Of course not, it's on TV so it must be true.