cure for a broken heart?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by thereaperman44, May 28, 2004.

1. thereaperman44

thereaperman44 Member

as you know i gt dumped by the second love of my life last weekend and im missing her so much it hurts at times. im guesing there are no short easy answers, but is there anything i can do to help the healing process?

2. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

Keep busy!!! I know the feeling. I am spliting up with my second husband and we have been together for over 14 years so it is killing me. (Not my idea). I just go go go and don't let myself sit and think for a minute. A bit of retail therapy always helps as well. Even if it is just your fav type of coffee or a cookie you love. Treat yourself a little (not thousands) and keep busy is all I can say. My heart is with you dude.

Love & Deep Understanding
    EnonEmouse

3. Lonewolf251

Lonewolf251 Member

Stay busy is good advice. Hang out with friends, do your favorite things.
    The worst thing would be to set around and do nothing but think about it.

4. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I've found time helps. Let yourself feel the pain, don't ignore it or it could backfire on you. Make yourself feel special like the above posters said. Its overwhelming now but believe me there will be a day you will wake up and not think of her so much. Remeber, care for yourself above all others!

5. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yep, stay busy, get support around you, friends, etc, and remember...time is the best healer. Not a good thing to think about in the short term necessarily, but the pain will lessen as time goes on. Reflect on the lessons learned in this experience, and, when the time is right, move on...

6. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

i know the feeling. just get out of the house and try to have a good time. in a little while you'll remember the person you were without her.

7. MarkN

MarkN Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

hey man,
    I'm a veteran of the broken heart, many times over. When I'm in a relationship I tend to take it way to seriously. So when it ends, which most of them do, I'm pretty much....toast. I attach all my hapiness on these relationships, my reason for living. ( big mistake). Who can live with that? I wouldn't want to deal with a partner that I carried all that responsibility for. On the other hand, I don't accept total blame for relationships ending. I guess I am always searching for something "absolute", something secure, or true. You can't really find that in people because people, (including myself) are in prepetual motion. Mind, body, soul all in constant change. As much as you want to capsure those "good things" you see in people, you can't. It would be like trying to capsure a small tornado. I think the best we can hope for is the joy of expericing love while it last. Simaliar to riding a wave in the ocean. No one surfs forever.
    I wish I could send you a potion or a "quick fix", some majic mojo to heal you, cause I know what your experiencing. But the only answer is....TIME.
    Such a slow and unmovable word.
    Things to becareful of:
    1. trying to change to suit your lost lover (if I do this she will love me)

2 Putting up a defensive wall, shutting the world out. Becoming sinical, and loosing trust in all women.
    They say everything in life is a lesson, you can't see it now, but you will in....time.

8. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Another thing I would try to avoid is any music that makes you think of her.I found that to be really taxing at times.Peace.

9. MushroomDreams

MushroomDreams Senior Member

I always thought that it might hurt less to just get hit buy a truck. That way the pain wouldn’t last as long.

I think the best cure is to get out and socialize.

When my ex dumped me, stabbed me in the back (several times), then stomped on my heart with gusto, I got up and took some classes.

I’m into astrology and signed up for several astrology classes. I met someone that I went out with a few times. It didn’t work out, bad aspects I suppose but it did help me to move on. A class can be a great place to meet someone of like mind. If you happen to meet someone- for god’s sake, don’t talk about your ex! That’ll ruin it.

I know it’s going to hurt for a while but when the pain subsides, you’ll have some good stories to tell.

Peace

10. Teeka

Teeka Member

I can't say much on a break up. But I know of true hurt. Keep busy with things that you truly enjoy. Don't let it consume you, you will grieve for the lost of someone who is dear (I know I sound like someone died, but in a way it is like that). I know in 25 years of marriage we have split up a couple of times. We discovered that we was more miserable apart. So we work on our problems before they get to that stage now. You and your partner will always be changing. You need to accept the changes, be there when you are needed, and accept when they need their space too. Be a team, but don't lose yourself. Which is a hard thing to balance.

Take care and find your true soul mate it is well worth the wait.

11. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Beer always helped me :D

12. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

try to think of the good times you had. you didnt waste your time.... but dont gloat on it...

be with your friends lots, talk to them... dont talk to your ex.... itll just be bad..

chocolate makes lots of people happy... some days itll seem like this sadness and lonliness will never end... and that youll be alone forever, but then, youll find Love again...

do things to keep your mind off it, paint, draw, write, or if you like play an instument,

listening to music sometimes helps.. i dont know.. sometimes im to upset to listen to any music at all... and i just sit and burn...

13. Charlotte

Charlotte Member

This may sound bizarre, but it actually does work at curing a broken heart: Stop eating. After a day, you will be so obsessed with food you won't be able to think of anything else, and once you start eating again, it just carries over.