Csny

Discussion in 'Music' started by Hippy Teen Girl, Jan 31, 2005.

1. so what do u guys think of them? i just love them! my friend gave me their cd year ago and since then, i just LOVE THEM! My fav. songs are Find the cost of freedom, Chicago, Ohio, Love the one you're with,etc.

2. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

I have their box set, it's fricking awesome! I think their old shit is some of the best music around! Too many good songs to mention though!

3. i agree...:)
    my fav. member is definately Neil Young, i mean i love his songs!he makes really good lyrics...

4. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

love em. They have great harmony.

5. living eye

living eye Member

deja vu and four way street are fantastic albums

6. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I find them kinda boring... Neil Young's solo work is fuckin' great tho.

7. yohonis

yohonis Member

4 way street is amazing. also the self titles csn cd is incredible. I love every single song that i have heard. I actilly heard a rummer going around about a csny tour this summer. how awsome would that be.

-If you smile at me i will under stand, cause thats somthing everyone does in the same launguage.

8. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Yes, I LOVE CSNY.

9. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

one of the best way to see them is by either renting or buying the woodstock 1969 film in either VHS or DVD Block buster tends to carry them. at least they do here.

10. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Yes I love CSN, I was raised on their music, but last time they came here to tour (maybe three or four years ago) front row tickets were $380!!!!!!!!!! I refuse to pay that much.

11. Jonas

Jonas Member

deja vu is such a good album. almost cut my hair is such a good song. CSN's selftitled album is terrific too.

12. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

Yeah, that performance is amazing. 'Suite Judy Blue Eyes' blows me away everytime I listin to it.

13. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I saw them front row twice this year... :p check ebay...

I owned a Martin D-35 that belonged to David Crosby, for a bit... it had a stain on it from where he dropped a McRib sandwich on it, or so its said, back in the seventies. I bought it from a luthier who lived in Georgia, at the time, and I actually managed to get in contact with a former roadie and he set me up with free tickets. There's a thread about it in the old forum's archives somewhere. Haven't managed to catch neil young yet... but I f-ing love Neil. I've also had the pleasure of meeting them... but not neil.

14. those r my 2 fav. albums!!! four way street is the best!

15. jack_helltoy

jack_helltoy Member

Their harmonies are amazing. And the song arrangements as good as it gets.
    My faves are Suite Judy Blue Eyes, Wooden Ships and especially 'Long Time Gone'

"Hear, you must hear what the people say,
    You know there's something that's goin' on here,
    That surely, surely, surely won't stand the light of day.

And it appears to be a long,
    Such a long, long, long time before the dawn.
    Speak out, you got to speak out against
    The madness, you got to speak your mind,
    If you dare.
    But don't try to get yourself elected.
    If you do you had better cut your hair.

'Cause it appears to be a long time,
    Before the dawn."

The whole vibe of that song just blows me away to this day.

And 'Carry On/Questions'

Where are you going now my love?
    Where will you be tomorrow?
    Will you bring me happiness?
    Will you bring me sorrow?
    Oh, the questions of a thousand dreams
    What you do and what you see
    Lover can you talk to me?

Girl when I was on my own
    Chasing you down
    What was it made you run?
    Trying your best just to get around.
    The questions of a thousand dreams
    What you do and what you see
    Lover can you talk to me?

Just an amazing band without without Neil.

I agree with the suggestion to rent the 69 Woodstock DVD or tape if you've never seen their performance. It was magical...

16. YEM28

YEM28 Member

I saw them this summer, pretty good show, and it was only 40 bucks

17. mimosa

mimosa Banned

CSNY could be a soundtrack to my youth. I can't hear one of their songs without being reminded of times past. I don't know all the albums by name, but listened to them so much. Deja Vu I think I had (as a vinyl LP of course), and Neil Young's Harvest (I know, just Neil) but they were such an influence. I remember hearing Ohio and being so confused (I was very young) and thinking what a fucked up place the world was.

18. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

I got to meet Graham Nash, got a kiss and an autograph. Never met any of the rest of them though.

19. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

hahaha... Graham is a really... romantic kinda guy. He has that soft sweet vibe around him.

20. i love them even if i had just their 2 first album... whatever after their third album in 77 they loosed somethin' and i will probably never buy their followin' albums...
    I specially love Guineverre and Wooden Ships...but me and my brother are not thinkin' the same...i think that the Jefferson Airplane version of "Wooden Ships" is superior and my brother find that the CSNY version of the song is better . What is your advice ?