Cruelty-Free Soap, Shampoos and conditioners?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Amanda790, May 23, 2004.

1. Amanda790

Amanda790 Member

Is there any inexpensive cruelty-free soaps and shampoos and conditioners that you use that are found in the grocery stores? Thanks! ;)

2. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

i use nature's gate shampoo and conditioner.....they are cruelty-free but i found them at a health foods store...not a grocery store....

3. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

www.allforanimals.com has a comprehensive list of companies that do and don't test on animals.
    TTFN

Sage

4. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

According to the PETA site, pandgkills.com, the following name brands are cruelty-free:

Aveda, Bath & Body Works, Body Shop, Citré Shine, Flex, Jheri Redding, John Paul Mitchell Systems, Revlon, Sebastian, Wella

Depending on the selection at your grocery store, you should be able to get all of those brands except for Bath & Body Works, Body Shop and maybe Sebastian (although Sebastian is available on the dot com drugstores, so maybe I've just never noticed it). Of course, I can't vouch for whether or not the products these companies make are actually Vegan, so you still have to read the labels, but none were tested on animals, at least.

FYI, you can get a free pocket Compassionate Consumer Guide at PETA.com.