Critic needed.

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by L.A.Matthews, Apr 20, 2007.

1. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

Okay, I haven't written anything in quite a while, and I want to start the swing of things again. To do that, I was thinking of getting someone to go over my work and give me some tips, critique and general checkups.

The reason I ask this is because I want to know what sounds good to other readers besides myself. Nothing wrong with that, right?:)

Okay, I'm looking for someone who's a skilled writer themselves and knows what they're talking about. If you fancy helping me out, it would be greatly appreciated.:)

2. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

If you like post a small sample here and see what reaction you get. BTW What do you write about LA? I remember a few months ago you wrote something about your grandfather that showed you are expressive as well as observant.

3. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

Well it's rather alot of work I've done and it's part of a bigger piece that I've just left. I really want to pick it back up again and start continuing the story, but I just need some inspiration.

4. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

go on then get your tits out and lets have a look what you got
    I love your beret, I bet you found it didnt you, and you thought " oooh I look really arty in thaqt beret"

OOOOOH ne'er mind luvvie therel be a beret revival in 20 years time

5. White Scorpion

Hey I used to wear a beret, till they told me I look like Frank Spencer. It suits LA though. Maybe you should wear one, too, Ronald.

6. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

Yeah, lay it down.

Spelling and punctuation must be 100% correct. I did make an exception in my fictional piece 'Trouble', here on the Writer's Forum. My reason for this was that I wanted to send a message of crudeness and vulgarity to the reader, and King's English wouldn't do that. Or, if your story is about black Americans or black West Indians, King's English just won't do the job.

Four letter words, or so-called fuck words, should be used sparingly, unless you have a deliberate intent to capture a mood of crudeness or vulgarity or sexuality. If your characters are screwing, they're not in an English class.

There should be a story line with real characters, a beginning and an ending. In some cases the reader should not know in advance what the ending is going to be.

Finally, as Hemingway said, "Write what you know." I'll be happy to review your work. Good luck.

7. Freakymetalchik

Freakymetalchik BITCH.

I'm bored and ready to hear what you've got...too much time on my hands so whatever...

8. White Scorpion

Give it a bash if you're still interested LA. I see above ^ that there's a willing critic that has time to help you out.