Creepshow 1&2

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Dirtyhippycommiebastard, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Dirtyhippycommiebastard

Dirtyhippycommiebastard Member

I grew up watching these and other anthology horror movies.It's ashame they don't make them anymore."Something to tide you over" and "The raft" are a couple of my favorites from these two movies."The raft" is awsome and Leslie Nielsen is one sadistic fuck in "Something to tide you over".Also, I really liked "Tales from the hood".Anyone else like these.:sunny:

2. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Yes, I still enjoy these movies. Especially the first Creepshow. Classics.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

Loved Creepshow although the books (the collection of short stories) are much better.

Night Shift gave us The Children of the Corn, Strawberry Spring, The Mangler, Graveyard Shift, The Boogeyman, Lawnmower Man, One for the road, Quitters Inc., The Raft ...etc..

Skeleton Crew gave us The Mist

Nightmares and Dreamscapes gave us Dolan’s Cadillac

Different Seasons gave us Shawshank Redemption and Apt pupil

Four Past Midnight gave us the Langoliers

And my all-time favorite Stephen king collection of short stories The Bachman Books:
    Rage
    The Long Walk
    Roadwork
    The Running Man

Hotwater

4. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

i really like the old Amicus horror anthologies, my favorite was Asylum.

did you see trick r' treat? liked it, seemed like a return to the anthology horror format.

5. Dirtyhippycommiebastard

I'm actually just starting to get into those movies.I have "Tales from the crypt" "The vault of horror" "Asylum" and "Torture garden" ripped to my ps3 but i haven't watched them all the way through yet.:sunny:

6. Dirtyhippycommiebastard

Here's some cool stuff for all you anthology horror fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9PHroXl9X4&feature=related"]Just Desserts - The Making of Creepshow - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvsTjMjmAi0&feature=related"]Tales from the Crypt - From Comic Books to Television - YouTube

7. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

What does that guy say something like " women want to run this hair between their legs" I love creepshow 2

8. autophobe2e

i'd reccomend "the house that dripped blood", that was a good one, avoid monster club, and id say that torture garden's not a great one either, although the wraparound story's one of the better ones.

people tend to dismiss amicus (and tigon, to a lesser extent) of being just Hammer imitators, but i like to think they had their own distinct house style.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

Tales from the Hood with Clarence Williams III :2thumbsup: I've always liked him as an actor but he really earned my repect when he played Omet'iklan (The Jem' Hadar - First) on Star Trek DSN

The best Tales from the Crypt movie was Demon Knight :2thumbsup:

Hotwater

10. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Noo, the Raft sucks; it's the only one I really don't like in those films.

Something to Tide Over is my favorite for horror purposes and is the only one that is genuinely creepy, but I love the bug one the best.

I watch Tales from the Crypt from time to time. It's hit and miss, but when it hits, it usually hits big. Really recommend "And All Through the House", "Dig That Cat...He's Real Gone", and especially "Food for Thought"

11. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

I love the raft I like when the girls like "it huuuurts" so silly scaired the shit out of me as a kid

12. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

A horror movie with a compilation of different little stories in it?

Check out Dr Terror's House of Horrors, it has Christopher Lee.

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

While my favorite was 'The Crate'

My second favorite was 'They're creeping up on You'

Classic horror scene #5: Creepshow (1982) - YouTube

Hotwater

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  14. Dirtyhippycommiebastard

I've now watched "Tales from the crypt" and "Vault of horror" and there great.I liked the movie version of "...And all through the house"(it was also adapted for the tv show) and the way they made the husband a nice guy.It makes the wife even more of a greedy bitch.From "Vault of horror" i liked the first story and the one with the magician although i don't quite get how the wife died.:sunny:

15. wildmoonflower

wildmoonflower Members

Love Creepshow! :)

16. autophobe2e

ah, i think vault of horror might have been the first one i saw (or as near as counts) great stuff, i can remember the wraparound story, but it was the one which ended with Tom baker and the Dorian Grey painting wasn't it? that sticks in my mind...

17. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yes I love Creepshow... (The first one especially)

Now all they make is GRAPHIC/DISGUSTING movies! (Rape,etc) -- Totally disgusting and not what I call a good movie!

18. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yea I think that was the first I cant remember!

19. I'm a troll

I'm a troll Banned

yeah, i like most horror movies, including the old anthologies.

they do still make them, they just aren't big studio movies with theatrical releases anymore. but i've seen a couple relatively new ones on netflix within the last couple years. not that any of these new ones were really good movies, but they entertained me anyway. i forget what they were called, but i think there were a few holiday themed ones, and something with clowns maybe.

20. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Fuck that shit.