Creeperville vs. Compliments

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by RainyDayHype, Jul 10, 2013.

1. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

The line between compliment and creepy can be difficult to define because it extends beyond what is being said. Body language, eye contact, and tone of voice can tell you a lot. I've had two different guys pay me the exact same compliments and one of them left me feeling like I needed a shower and the other made me smile and say "thanks!"

Driftrue and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

makes perfect sense to me. sort of like a bathroom, minus the toilet, sink, bathtub, mirror, walls and ceiling.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This.
    I just trust my gut. And it isn't really about looks. A guy can be objectionable good looking and still make me feel weird and guarded.

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I've learned that if I'm too shy and bashful about approaching a cute girl I like, I unintentionally give off a vibe that puts her defenses up. Therefore it's best not to overthink how to approach or start a conversation with someone you like, and just deliver it confidently.

5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

People are strange, and of all people, I should know.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

eye of the beholder, and you can never be sure how anyone else is going to take anything.
    of course, blatant is blatant, which is at least tasteless, if not inexcusable.

7. parua

parua Members

A lot of socially awkward people imitate others, or copy words of others, but at the wrong time, and before a certain level of familiarty has been established. They usually mean no harm, but theycreep others out, and then feel shame when they realize how they came across.

Then there are those that have no concept of what makes others uncomfortable, and can't recognize when they are creating discomfort. - and may not care.

Most guys make fools out of themselves at one time or another as they interact awkwardly with/around women. It's best to try to understand how the things you say and do can be interpreted, and apologize sincerely when you've really caused discomfort..

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  8. wooleeheron

Consciousness can be thought of as the Ah-Hah! moment of recognition, and although we invent countless things such as logic to help us discover new insights, the act more closely resembles assembling a jig-saw puzzle, and we don't all assemble puzzles in the same fashion. Instead, there should be four rudimentary approaches with autism expressing one end of the "spectrum of consciousness".

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

This is why I've stopped using verbal communication altogether. Try going with just body language!

10. A smile is the best way to start. No words spoken

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

[​IMG]

12. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

The level of intrusiveness. Had a situation with a neighbor of mine and while he’s a good looking guy, hitting on me knowing I’m married was just creepy after a while. Like he liked making me uncomfortable. That said, when a guy is either unaware of how weird he’s coming across or doesn’t care, I would consider it creepy. A mere compliment doesn’t leave me feeling uncomfortable.

13. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Any compliment where the guy has used their imagination to get there comes off as creepy to me.

14. parua

parua Members

Great idea! I'll try that too.

Hi ladies!

I mean...
    depositphotos_158462838-stock-photo-mime-behind-an-imaginary-panel.jpg

I had to edit my previous post. I left out a lot of letters and words, for some reason.

15. wooleeheron

Anything less than sex is just not intimate enough.

parua likes this.
  16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

parua likes this.
  17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah i don't think that's just you; any socially awkward guy is generally just assumed to be a creepy asshole.

[​IMG]

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i appreciate what i make being appreciated.
    but personalities aren't what interest me, and i'd rather have the focus be on what i try to communicate,
    then anything about me as a person.

which they tell me is weird for humans.
    well i had my childhood of needing more human contact then was available to me,
    even less was as a teen,
    by the time i was adult, that was what was normal to me though,
    and spending more time alone then with anyone,
    feels more comfortable then otherwise.

complimenting anything other then what we choose to create,
    i have a hard time making sense of.

Driftrue likes this.
  19. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

never compliment people.

i'll compliment them after they've sucked my dick, then i don' t have to care about coming across as creepy.

20. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I knew someone that was once blocked on social media by their assistant. They still saw each other everyday, lol.