Creed Broke Up! Party!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by HappyHaHaGirl, Jun 4, 2004.

1. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

i dont know what that word means, but thanks. :D

2. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

Soul Rebel to answer your question about when he wrote about nature... "When The Music's Over" The lyrics, "What have they done to the earth? What have they done to our fare sister?". And I do know what he's singing about, he's singing about his belief in his lord Jesus Christ. And how he puts in it in his life. And Morrison and Stapp sound absolutely nothing alike. He sounds more like Eddie Vedder as a born-again Christian with a mouth tumor.

And you shouldn't say that your a better writer than somebody. It sounds too egotistical. I'm not putting you down though. I'm sure you are a good songwriter. I just don't like to go around saying, "I'm a kick ass guitar player better than, say..., Eric Clapton." I'd rather let my talents speak for themselves. You understand don't you?

I just don't like Scott Stapp or Creed. They're too one-sided of a band. It's the same musical elements in every song. Lyrics about something sappy. Extremely distorted and tuned down power chords, with maybe a lead figure or two, and the same by the books bass playing and drumming.

Whereas The Doors do something different with almost every song. Their musical styling are diverse with acid jazz ("When The Music's Over", "Riders Of The Storm"), funk ("Peace Frog", "LA Woman"), and pop ("Touch Me", "Light My Fire").

I have very legitimate reasons for not liking Creed. I know what I'm talking about, but not to insult anybody else.

3. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I don't think it's fair to compare two completely different people that came from two different time periods.

Are there similarities? Yes, but they aren't the same and you could go on all day discussing the differences.

Aside from that, it doesn't make me sad that Creed broke up, but I didn't think they were that bad.

4. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

One song, huh... yeah, he's really the nature-writer, huh? :rolleyes:

I, for one, dont care what other people think of my abilities.. I know I'm great and I'll shout it out loud. :H

I do.

It sounds like you just described System of a Down. :p Except that Creed is far better than SoaD could ever be.

Apart from "L.A. Woman" and possibly "Peace Frog," none of those are good songs, musically-speaking.

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

everyone shut up about jim morrison.

he sucks and was a drunk.

scotty stapp took the boozing to a whole new level, plus he has god on his side.

6. FreeBird1969

FreeBird1969 Fleas on their paws.

Ahaha...George's old sig. :D

7. PicnicSpirit

PicnicSpirit Member

HAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAH. :D

8. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

I don't know why you're all so happy Creed has split up. With a bit of effort and a bullet or two someone could have made sure they have never been together!

Alas, the harm has been done.