creation vs. evoloution

Discussion in 'Existentialism' started by SurfhipE, Aug 17, 2005.

1. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

2. iSiS

iSiS Member

oh no you didn't...I'm too tired right now. but here's an interesting read!

http://slate.msn.com/id/2124297/?nav=ais

I am somewhere in between. I have issues "submitting" and even "commiting" permanently to anything, so that's where I stand, more towards evolution w/ a small hint of "what if" on the "creator" aspect...because knowing and believing are not the same thing.

3. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

SurfHipE,

Why not just ressurrect an old thread?

4. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

new ideas form in time..

5. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

It's now graduated to Intelligent Design and Metaphysics. Any appeal to "Creationism vs. Evolution" will only rehash old ideas, old prejudices. You will only open old wounds.

There is meta physics and meta mathematics. Is there yet meta biology? Will there ever be a metaphysics vs metabiology debate?

6. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i created ebverything..everything evolved from my creation..you can beleive it cause i just said its true

ok thats enough of that..ok logic dictates that evolution is fact, yet i cant help thinking theres a intelegince to the universe..to every subatomic structure so i guess i beleive in creationalism too if your willing to accept the concept of a "creator" as being a subatomic inteligence or order..if you give up on a mystical being known as god & look to nature u realize evolution is a product of creation & the creator is an inteligence built into the fabric of all things
    some may then say well doesnt that prove the existance of an omnipotent god? i'd say no, because although there may be in inteligence built into the fabric of all things giving it order & structure which allowws all things to create & re-create or evolve there is no overseer being who demands allegience

7. Zajko

Zajko Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Creation is always an evolutionary process, and evolution is inherently creative.

8. iSiS

iSiS Member

soaringeagle, perfect words you used! I always stumble on mine. I see where you're coming from, I come from the same way...not a god, but an order/intelligence...everything has to come from somewhere right? lol my brain is going all over the place now...

I am reminded of the story of Khepera "he who comes into being by coming into being"...

by any chance have you read Ayn Rand's For the New Intellectual? Between all my daily tasks I never got to finish it, but there is a very interesting theory of hers explaining things in terms of Atilla (muscle man), the Witch Doctor (spiritual to the extent of denying logic), the Producer (money-wise business people) and of course The Intellectuals (philosophers, logical ones). Perhaps I should have posted a new thread?

I find it hard to commit to a decision on where I stand. I guess I'd be more along the lines of Blavatsky's "Theosophy". Logic first, but science can only go so far, take it as far as you can & go further as you see fit.

that's all my brain can process right now. I've got a lot of studying to do! Be back in a few weeks after finals & school break.

ma'salaama, <go in peace>

iSiS

9. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

who cares
    beleif in either is only going to lead to meaningless arguments with those who beleive in the other

10. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

Evolution.

11. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

Evolution.

'Cause creationism is dumb.

This would probably get a heftier discussion on the christian thread.