creating pagan prayer beads

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by cerridwen, Jan 25, 2005.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Now I know that paganism doesn't have a form of prayer beads like Catholics and Buddhists do... so I created my own with the beads I have... I strung together 8 sets of 9 wooden beeds, which are separated with (alternating) 4 sets of red/yellow/green/blue plastic beads, a moon bead, a hand bead, a sun bead, and a pentagram. I found some prayers online and use those to pray with my beads... It's a bit long and takes about 15 minutes to pray, but they look so cool and are quite fun....

Anyway, has anyone else done something similar to this?

2. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

sounds cool you have some website or something that could help me out with makeing/ useing them

3. apple seed

apple seed Member

i jest use my old rosary beads. thay work and you can make them jest as easly. as for the prayer jest say or not say what comes to heart or to mind. don't make to big of a deel out of it, jest go with it. my rosary is rose quarts with the cross, an elemetal cross (which is 4 = "bars" inside a cercal (O) ), and a pentanram. but i have made them out of apple seeds before.

love and misspellings, apple seed.

i am on the dark side WHERE ARE MY COOKIES?

4. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

appleseed, your cookies are in the mail :)

deadonceagain, I don't have a website, but you can do a google search and just type in 'prayers' or 'chants', and you'll find a ton of sites with inspirational passages to use, if you were to make your own prayer beeds ;) be creative