Crazy microwave oven trick (dont try this at home kids)

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by ash13y, Jun 16, 2006.

  1. ash13y

    ash13y Member

    I watched "brainiak science abuse" the other night...... this is what they did.

    1. get a phosphorous match
    2. put the bottom side of the match in a blob of plastercien or dough so the phosphorous side is pointing up
    3. put it into a microwave oven
    4. shut the door and put it on full power
    5. watch it explode... nooooo not the matchstick........ the bloody microwave!

    the microwaves vaporise the phosphorous turning it from solid to liquid to gas and then to plazma. (4th state of matter)

    if you want to do this make sure you dont do it in your house and stand way back.. oh and do it if you have an old microwave oven you dont want unless you want to try cooking with a few bits of scrap metal from the explosion lol
     
  2. RELAYER

    RELAYER mādhyamaka

    sounds like fun to me!
     
  3. Twizz

    Twizz Drug Conoisseur

    chemical explosions? I'M IN!
     
  4. trailerparkboy

    trailerparkboy Heat Bag

  5. mr.morrison

    mr.morrison Senior Member

    or you could put a light bulb in a glass of milk and then put it in the microwave abnd the lightbulb lights up
     
  6. ash13y

    ash13y Member

    really?? how can it light up?
     
  7. bassplaya

    bassplaya Member

    ill have to check some garage sales this summer for some microwaves, then...
     
  8. SLammon420

    SLammon420 Senior Member

    ...nothing blows up? fuck it.
     
  9. guy

    guy Senior Member

    anyone ever seen or heard what happens when a can of beans is thrown into a log fire?
     
  10. ahahaaa...
     
  11. bamboo

    bamboo Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

    After the yard sale, when you have the microwave at home just imagine what you could do with the key components...magnetron, transformer, capaciter and cooling fan...I will say no more.
     
  12. Columbo

    Columbo Senior Member

    The lightbulb lights up in a microwave because of the energy being released by the oven. Its the reason why everytime you use your mobile phone you fry your brain a little bit.
     
  13. Columbo

    Columbo Senior Member

    The lightbulb lights up in a microwave because of the energy being released by the oven. Its the reason why everytime you use your mobile phone you fry your brain a little bit.
     
  14. xaosflux

    xaosflux Sysop Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

    If you put a bar of Dove Soap in the microwave it will turn in to a gigantic blob (think marshmellows)
     
  15. severedheadstoner

    severedheadstoner ridiculously sane

    It goes KABLAMO! Throwing an aerosol can or cigarette lighter on the fire is fun too. Stand well back...
     
  16. guy

    guy Senior Member

    i've been told a story about a camping gas cylinder being thrown in a fire of a night. they threw it in the fire ran back about a hundred meters and waited and waited and waited, they were about to go back and there was a massive explosion, they waited and the gas cannister fell just behind them in the dark.

    my own minor story with bonfires is this

    i was living somewhere where the rubbish had to be burnt not put in a bin.
    i found a glass bottle with a scew top screwed the top onto it tight and threw it into the bonfire and jumped back. after about 10/15 minutes i figured that the bottle had either cracked etc or the top had popped. digging around the fire putting more rubbish on it there was a massive explosion. in that split second i felt something pass through my hair from the front of my face to the back of my head. i looked at the place where the explosion had come from and there pointing at me was the bottle i had thrown in it - the entire neck had detached, rocketing off the bottle probably narrowly missing blinding me. true story - remember don't try this one at home kids.
     
  17. HatEd

    HatEd Member

    If you put a magnet in the microwave it will blow up.The bigger the magnet the bigger the explosion. I wouldn't do this because it's very unsafe.But if you decide to try make sure you get as far away from the microwave as possible.
     

Share This Page


  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice