Crafters & Artists WANTED

Discussion in 'For Sale or Trade' started by indigorainhemp, Jan 21, 2005.

1. indigorainhemp

indigorainhemp Member

ARTISTS & CRAFTERS WANTED.

I am looking to do more consignment on my website.
    So far I have 1 great artist ( not up on the site yet)

I would LOVE to get more as well as some clothing crafters who want to sell there goods online.

The way it works : you price & take photos of your goods,,,,send the photos and I will post them with a description written by YOU!
    If your item sells ,, IndigoRain Hemp takes 15% and sends the order to you and you will ship to the customer. Very Easy :)

SO if you are a clothing crafter selling some patchy pants for $40.00,,,,
    item sells and we charge $5.95 shipping ~ I receive payment for $45.95,,,I take 15% out of the $40.00 which would be $6.00. and send over the rest for you to ship :)

All photos & prices are set by YOU,,the artists.

email me and let me know if anyone is interested :)

2. ~piscean]-[delusions

~piscean]-[delusions Member

awe Kendra, you're such a sweetie... great idea!

how's arizona treating you lately, are you still there? I am planning a trip out west around or in April hopefully, I want to visit the San Carlos indian reservation when I am there, as well as the canyon. Birthdays are nearing for us fellow fishies as well... You're March 16th I believe... According to the sig you left in my guestbook last June... ;-) Cheers, Stephen

3. indigorainhemp

indigorainhemp Member

Hey thanks Stephan!!

I havne't been on here much but I have been on myspace ALOT - love that site - lots of hippies & pictures & blogs & music etc.... check it out -
    or email me direct too - indigo@indigorainhemp.com

4. solar_eclipse

solar_eclipse Member

would you be able to sell soap and other bath products? I love making them, but never know what to do with all the extras...

5. indigorainhemp

indigorainhemp Member

6. the6peace8keeper

the6peace8keeper Born Again Satanist

Im sorry but im a crafter myself and my items sell themselves, via ebay and other outlets, please dont make it sound like your doing a favor for folks by makng money off thier product.....way too mainstream thinking for me....why not offer to help for free or explain to folks how to set up an ebay seller account and shouldnt this actually be the business service section since you are trying to profit as well as make yourself look better.

7. the6peace8keeper

the6peace8keeper Born Again Satanist

Yes your site is all about making you money......hippie,mainstream,hippie,mainstream......I cant see the difference here...nice web page for your lil venture though!

8. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

not being funny but Ebay is a large capitalist money making corperation, they make their money in the same way but because they are such a LARGE SCALE corperation it doesnt cost the "little people" so much to get them lots of money. Indigo is selling her internet space to you so as you can sell your stuff EXACTLY how ebay does only on a much smaller scale. You cant have a go at her for that when you openly admit to using ebay in the same post.

9. submariner

submariner Member

Well I guess you could look at it that way as keeping it in the loop, maybe I was a bit harsh.

But at the same time when you look at the millions who view ebay your makertplace becomes world wide but also raises your level of competition for sales. But thats of topic...oop!

10. Random Andy

Random Andy Member

It is a good thing when marketing doesn't cost a lot of money. Why not use e-bay and this fellah. Best of both worlds?

11. Random Andy

Random Andy Member

I don't think we should hate things just because they are global. A certain rapprochement of the world is a good thing isn't it (rapprochement means getting closer), especially if it cuts costs for everyone.

12. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You got any space for jewelers? I work mostly with antique african beads, very old, very unique stuff. I also make rattles, drums, ritual staffs and carvings from antler. Can you sell that kinda stuff? I can send some samples of my best work, to be used as examples of what I can make. email me bluecrown@mchsi.com
    Look forward to workin with ya

13. GlassGuru

GlassGuru Member

Indigorainhemp has a very good idea. It's no different putting your items in a store for comission. I think everyone needs to quit attacking her idea. I know several sites that don't carry their items. Being an artist and running my own site... I know how hard marketing can be. It doesn't hurt to get more exposure this way either. Indigorainhemp is actually a lower percentage than most consignment stores. Ebay is a big flea market to begin with. I rather make indigo money than Ebay. Heck... Ebay fees are rising again. I don't think half of the posters here even make stuff let alone run a site. I really don't care who I've pizzed off either...

14. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

15% isnt a bad cut, not enough to warrent attack.

Should we all be good hippies and barter and give things away?

wow, gifting and trading sure dont work when the light man comes.

Dont knock people for making money for themselves. Better to do what indigo is doing rather than sell mass marketed "hippie" stuff made by slave labor in Asia. You think all that mass marketed hemp jewelry made itself? How many "hippies" you know that would make a necklace, sell it for a quarter, so you can buy it for a dollar?

Nope, none i know. But i bet there is a nimble fingered Chinese kid that will.

Dont hate people for turning a profit.

15. Sarah Lee

Sarah Lee Member

Hey Inigo, is there room for baby stuff? I make baby buntings out of fleece and wanted to do ones for the little 'heads. Also blankets and such. I make beaded jewelry as my first crafty love, room for that?

16. McConnell

McConnell Member

I think it was wrong for him to attack you like that. If he treats his customers like he just did to you, then, he probably isn't making much money.

I liked your idea, and I'm interested in it, as I am an Artist, or at least try to be.I just started setting up one of my websites, it's not finished yet, but you can still check it out.
    http://www.mcconnellgeneralstore.superbikeclub.com It gives you my dates of my submitting photos on there. I've been pretty busy at my store, that I'm having a hard time finding the time to finish it.Plus, some parts were giving me trouble.
    I liked your website, but was hoping to see some Artwork on there, so I could see how you display it. I will get back to you.