Court Ruling on Big Tobacco in Louisiana

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by dhs, Jun 3, 2004.

1. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

try not to drink bleach.

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i'll try, can't make any promises though

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

dont smoke either.

4. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

too late................

5. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

yes, everyone is responsible for their actions and i dont think there is a person on the planet that thinks smoking is good for you or harmless.....however, i believe the tobacco company is at fault. no, people dont go around drinking bleach....but then, bleach isnt made for you to ingest....ciggeratte smoke is.
    these companies are making a product that they KNOW will kill you but they dont care.....because it brings in big bucks. well fuck them! why should they not take responsibility? Millons of people smoke.....do you think it would be alot less if the advertising billboards contained images of rotting corpses and black lungs or people walking around with tubes in thier noses or in the hospital due to cancer? Probably. Instead they advertise beautiful people having fun....looking young and gorgeous free of wrinkles and sallow skin that smoking gives you. I say its false advertising. Plus these adds really have an effect on young kids and as a smoker that started smoking at 12 I can tell you that if I was certainly not fulley responsible for my actions. Kids and teenagers think they are invinceable and not many of them stop to think about what the future holds when they are in thier 40's or the possibility of being sick or unhealthy. That is just the way it is and THAT is why tobacco companies target kids. They are an easy target. they are poisoning people intentionally to make money.