Couple knocks 6 year old off her bike?

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Beach Ball Lady Balls, May 16, 2020.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Maybe most will not believe me--but life was soooooo different in the 40s-- when I was a little guy growing up. Never --ever heard much about the kidnapping of kids or even much crime, so I was let to run free from morning to night. Get arrested for letting kids do that now. The manners part stuck with me, for sure. The please, thank you and respect for adults was pretty strongly put in the young brain. (getting older, I realized respect for some adults was misplaced!)
    Since I had kids--with the way society is now, I always tell kids/grand kids--KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN. For example: when coming out of a store or a mall--look around before you move or as you move, just to see if anyone is looking at you or standing around doing nothing. I don't mean crouch and slink around fearing an imminent attack. Just---keep your eyes open.

2. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Spot on Deidre.
    That father should have been shouting up to his sprog something like:

Stop and get off your bike until it is safe to go past those people.

Obviously that child is not being taught any social distancing, or manners!

Deidre and Beach Ball Lady Balls like this.
  3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Some of this I can relate to matey, but I was brought up in the 1950s so, we didn't have supermarkets or trolleys then. Neither did we have microwaves - everything was cooked from scratch using convential gas stove.

At meal times, as I've said before there was an empty milk bottle containing a bamboo cane and if we (my sisters and I ) misbehaved we got a rap across the knuckles with the cane. Likewise we were not allowed to leave the table until we had sought and received permission to do so.

scratcho and mysticblu21 like this.