Could This Be The Start Of World War Three?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Boozercruiser, Feb 25, 2022.

?

Could This Be The Start Of World War Three?

1. YES

31.6%
  2. NO

31.6%
  3. PERHAPS

36.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. erofant

erofant Members

I'll jump in here. In other political threads here, I've been warning of this very thing for a few years now. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see it.

Russia and China have made military and technological agreements with handshakes between Putin and Xi Jinping. They both have stated "rock-solid" support for each other. Now with Putin attacking Ukraine in Eastern Europe to try and rebuild the old Soviet Union and its control of that region, we have China in the Pacific rattling sabers that free, democratic Taiwan belongs to China. No surprise there - Taiwan is the source of the majority of the world's cutting-edge chips. China's attempt to take over the chip-making market by stealing intellectual property and science secrets, then building their own chip-making facilities has failed. So China's next move is to take over the island nation of Taiwan to control most of the world's chip-making.

China is also building new war ships as fast as they can pump them out, and is deploying them in the Pacific region to intimidate and possibly attack U.S. or other allied countries' ships - naval or otherwise. China is now also laying claim to long-established open waters. It won't be long before shots will be fired from Chinese warships to try to intimidate or actually hit other allied countries' ships. Just watch.

Then we'll have (like WW II) another 2-theater world war going again. It's going to be the forces of FREEDOM against the forces of autocratic dictators who answer to no one. Buckle up folks. If you believe in GOD - pray your ass off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. erofant

erofant Members

If nukes start flying - we're ALL dead. If just one gets fired - every nation that has them will be firing them off. The planet and all its life forms CANNOT survive the immense radiation, and the nuclear winter / ice age that will result from all the ash, dust and smoke that will blot out the sun's warmth. Slow radiation poisoning and slow starvation will kill everything. Better to have a nuke land on your head and be vaporized.

Sorry for the brutal truth .......... but there IS true evil in this world. Pray to Almighty GOD to save the human race from extinction at the hands of one more selfish MADMAN. Turn to GOD .... NOW!!!

bry75 likes this.
  3. wrat1

wrat1 Members

cockroaches and twinkies

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

If our last best hope is intervention by someone's imaginary friend (whose track record for stopping atrocities is considerably less than stellar), then we are well and truly screwed.

Sagewynd, relaxxx, Idlewild and 3 others like this.
  5. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Putin doesn't strike me as a man to accept defeat. I could see him using nukes.

6. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

To quote the late Leonard Cohen in the song 'Anthem'.

"The wars, they will be fought again,
    the holy Dove, she will be cut again,
    bought and sold and bought again,
    the Dove is never free."

"Ring the bells that still can ring,"

"They've summoned, summoned up a thundercloud,...."

FWIW.

7. erofant

erofant Members

God IS NOT imaginary. He is REAL, and loves us humans more than we can imagine (He sent Jesus to be our Saviour) - but he can't force us to love others or do the right things. He gives people free will to do good or evil. I pray you find Him through prayer and doing good.

8. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Thank you for an excellent post well said and eloquent.
    I agree with every word.

9. Boozercruiser

I can certainly see from all what’s being said on TV and the constant ratchet and ratchet and ratcheting of the build up of threats from both sides that you changed your vote Zen to yes.
    With Putins hands on the Nuclear button, how can anybody say that he will absolutely NOT ever tell to Generals to start pressing the buttons.
    The bloke has lost his marbles, and one can NEVER foresee what someone like that will do when backed into a corner.
    Particularly with the pressure building up on him every single day.
    He just may blow a gasket.
    Taking a lot of the world with him!

~Zen~ and oldguynurse like this.
  10. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Captain would probably agree with the following, based on what he's said before, that a good guideline for this thread would be, "No specific politics, No specific religion." Both of those could just lead us all into chasing rabbits, and to no real end point. Those are for personal attitudes. Or for PM exchanges.

There's already enough to discuss on the various news networks, even from hour to hour, to keep us all busy.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Sagewynd and wrat1 like this.
  11. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

It's entirely possible that Putin could be pushed out of Ukraine by Ukrainian's military and possibly NATO but remain in power in Russia where he could live out the rest of his life in luxury as president/dictator. That would definitely be his best option. His original plan was for Zelenskyy to flee or be assinated and for Ukraine to fall within days of Russia's invasion. Since that didn't go as planned and there doesn't seem to be a phase II other than destroying buildings in Ukrainian cities, perhaps Putin will throw up his hands and say, "oops! my bad" and pull out. Expanding and intensifying the war isn't going to end well for him and he knows that; it would either end with his removal from power or his death, and he doesn't seem to be suicidal — maniacal, yes, but not suicidal.

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  12. Boozercruiser

This crisis reminds me of the original film of Planet Of The Apes.
    It is where Charlton Heston is riding along the beach sands and he comes across The Statue Statue Of Liberty half buried in the sands.
    He gets off his horse.
    He looks up at the statue, and falls on his knees saying:

YOU FINALLY REALLY DID IT!
    YOU MURDERERS.
    YOU BLEW IT UP
    OH! DAMN YOU
    GOD.
    DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

I hope for all our sake that the scene scenario never happens.
    But hand on heart.
    I cannot be sure that it never will.
    Particularly with Putin having his finger poised over the nuclear buttons!

Please watch the video!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    jimandjan likes this.
  13. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Skip said he was quoted from a meeting in the past with Biden, who told Putin that he has no soul. Putin agreed.

Chilling that is.

14. Boozercruiser

They must have met a very long time ago Zen.
    That film was made in 1968.

wrat1 likes this.
  15. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

16. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Well, 2011 WAS ages ago in my mind :)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) JULY 21, 2014 - Vladimir Putin has no soul, U.S. Vice President Joe Biden concluded after meeting with the Russian leader at the Kremlin in 2011, according to an article in the New Yorker published online on Monday.

Biden told the magazine about his 2011 visit with Putin, who at the time was prime minister, and said he found himself just inches away from the Russian leader.

“I said, ‘Mr. Prime Minister, I’m looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul,’” Biden told the magazine. “He looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, ‘We understand one another.’”

Captain Scarlet and MeAgain like this.
  17. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

A bit of wishful thinking and like you perhaps ,I would wish this to happen.

Yet despite the initial military blunders ,the Russians are now back on track and the main cities will fall in time . That would be enough for Putin to control and install a puppet regime there ,to try and diffuse the Ukrainian Military and also some sort of civil law and order Russian style .

At end of the day we have to face the facts that the Ukrainians are taking on the 3rd largest military war machine in the world with basically a force little better than a militia with much of it out of date equipment. The main strength of the Ukrainians has been their stoic resolve and will power to overcome overwhelming odds in Russian 's favour.

The best I can see avoiding Nato intervention and WW3 is a repeat of the Soviet Afghanistan war of 1979-89 whereby the Soviets lost that many troops to Guerrilla warfare they packed up and left.But it took nearly 10 years .

And lightening never strikes twice .

Idlewild likes this.
  18. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

To answer the OP.............no and Putin is not that crazy(geopolitics).........not a supporter and i do feel for the cilivians.

If you believe this conflict is going to start, WW3............*sigh* .........and mainstream/social media feeding the fear(nl):(

Putin is not going to start ww3 or come across the border(eu/nato)............it is about gas/harbor/strategic buffer/respect/ect...........imo.

[​IMG]

:D

Mzzls

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  19. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Things are notching closer with Russian Drones going into Nato Airspace .
    One crashing in Romania the other in Croatia . There is a full Nato meeting with Joe Biden scheduled for next week . I am sure the Drone situation will be on the Agenda possibly discussing the shooting down of these drones .

[​IMG]

20. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter