Could someone straighten a few things out for me, please?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by King Kamikaze, Jun 3, 2007.

  1. King Kamikaze

    King Kamikaze Member

    I'm planning on doing shrooms as soon as I have a place to do them. (Very hard when you're young and still live by the ruling of your parents) But there are a few things I'm unsure of.

    1) When talking about odse, I hear it referred to as:
    -"Caps" (eg.1 cap for $10)
    -"Grams" (eg. I'm going to take 2 grams)
    -"8th's" (eg. My friend has two 8ths)

    What do all of these mean? : S
    I want to do 2 grams for my first trip, and I don't know what that mean in any measurement other that grams. How many grams in a cap? An 8th of what?

    2) The plan is to eat them, obviously. Does one just munch them up and swallow like they would with any food? Do you have to keep chewing for a certain amount of time?
     
  2. cechmangoal1

    cechmangoal1 Member

    Visit www.erowid.org for answers to all your questions.

    peace,
    steven
     
  3. squirell tree

    squirell tree Member

    just eat them like any other food, and just eat 1/8th for a first timer
     
  4. Brutalshroom

    Brutalshroom Member

    if you pay $10 for one cap (unless it's huge) you're getting ripped off.

    "Cap" is the top of the mushroom. The psilocybe(the stuff that makes you trip) is present in the caps AND stems. I don't think the caps are more potent, the magic flows thru the entire shroom evenly.

    Grams: uhh..... how much it weighs?:blush:

    "8th's": one eighth of an ounce which is about 3.5 grams.....good dosage..

    2 grams is good for the first time.

    have fun!
     
  5. Glordag

    Glordag Member

    Also, the size, weight, and psilocybin content in different mushrooms varies GREATLY. It's pretty much impossible to say something like "5 entire mushrooms is roughly 1/8th", because those 5 mushrooms could weigh as little as 1g or as much as 30g. Also, some mushrooms just end up more potent than others.

    Usually, though, your source should tell you how much you're getting. You can either trust this or (preferably) go out and get a scale that measures really small weights such as grams accurate to a couple of decimal points. This way you can measure your own picks and grows if you so choose, as well.

    In terms of how much you should take, from what I hear it's about 2g for a safe, somewhat mild first trip that is still enjoyable or 3.5g for your standard 1/8th dose that might send to you never never land.

    Good luck!
     
  6. King Kamikaze

    King Kamikaze Member

    This information is extremely helpful!
    Thank you all so much. : )
     
  7. Glordag

    Glordag Member

    Oh, also I saw that your question about eating them wasn't answered. You basically eat them like anything else, but a LOT of people have problems with the taste and sometimes nausea associated with the taste. Because of this, these people prefer to eat the shrooms with something. You can just be creative here. The only thing is that you might not want to eat much before eating them, as this is supposed to help with nausea and I think the trip effects. I think most people end up grounding them up and drinking them with something or putting them in a small sandwich. Like I said, just be creative :) .
     
  8. Sensei

    Sensei Senior Member

    I've heard the best results eating-wise by melting chocolate, stirring in little shroom bits, and then after it cools eating it like a chocolate bar. I've not had the chance to do this though, my first shroom time isn't for a month or so. but I'll be doing an eigth in chocolate.
     
  9. King Kamikaze

    King Kamikaze Member

    So...do you even have to chew them? Can you just swallow them with a drink like tylenol?
     
  10. Glordag

    Glordag Member

    Chewing them isn't really necessary from what I understand. I don't think it's like acid where absorbing it through the tongue or mouth or whatever is necessary. People make tea out of it and drink it or whatever else, so I'm pretty sure it's the stomach acids that break it down and get it working (or at least something along those lines).

    EDIT: It might take longer to break down or something though if you just swallow big pieces. If you're set on taking them that way, I would grind them up or smash them up or something. Swalling big pieces like that would probably work, but I would guess that it would take longer to set in or might not all set in at the same time or something.
     
  11. Geneity

    Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

    I'd suggest eating fresh shrooms over dried ones. Although this isn't an option for many people though. When I start growing them, I'm going to have my first trip from eating fresh ones and see how that goes. I've had the extreme displeasure of eating dried amanitas, and it was THE MOST disgusting texture ever when they were filled with saliva in my mouth. Like eating huge gobs of snot. I assume shrooms may be this way too. It wasn't the taste of the amanitas that I had the problems with, it was the gut-wrenching texture

    If that doesn't work, I'm just going to have a 'shroom pizza. I'll go into Frank's, sit down, order a slice of pizza, pop out the 'shrooms and place them on the pizza, and chow down. Right there in the restaurant!

    =D
     
  12. Ayzcrava

    Ayzcrava Member

    Your mouth and stomach both absorb it, if you chew it for really long the trip comes on faster and you won't feel as sick as when you just swallow them or chew only for short. I always advice chew as long as you can bear the taste.
     

Share This Page


  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice